e i g h t

[ A l l i s o n ]

*at the locker room*

"so what are we doing today?" gem grunted as she tries to put on her worn out shoes.

"i dont know, probably something to do with balls, as usual." i sighed. that's all that coach ever let them do. warm up, jogging and followed by some typical exercises. "dude hurry up. coach is calling." i looked down at gem sitting on the floor and she looked right back.

"well sorry but these stupid shoes wont freaking tie. ughh. ahh screw it," gem shrugged.

we walked out the locker room and saw espinosa boy running towards us. i can feel gem's uncomfortableness as she stood beside me. matt looked at her for a moment and i can tell that he wanted to say something to her but he turned his eyes to me. "hey you're leader of one of the dodge ball team. coach picked you."

i groaned in annoyance. why? why of all these fit and hygienic people she chose me?
____________________
the game went on for about 30 minutes before coach blows the whistle which meant 'break'. i carried my exhausted body and went to sit on a bench at the far corner to rest.

i was looking for gem when i saw her crouched down at the other side of the hall which is filled with "exercise stuff" such as table tennis, basketball poles and extra balls. she was trying to tie her shoes..again. some guys were practicing dodge ball when suddenly someone threw the ball with too much strength, it flew right pass gem and almost hit her in the face.

"woops sorry bout that!" some guy yelled.

"oh for god's s-" gem was cut off with a loud scream. her scream.

instead of hitting her, the ball had hit a basketball pole which made it lost its balance. gem was closing her eyes, knowing exactly what's going to happen to her when that pole fall.

"gem! watch out!" i shouted, but i doubt she heard it. i closed my eyes too, afraid of the impact.

then all of a sudden, nothing happened. there was no crashing sounds, no screams, nothing, just a low grunt coming from the gem's side.

i opened my eyes and everyone looked just as shocked as i am. jai brooks had appeared out of nowhere and is now standing in between gem and the pole, trying to push it away.

then coach and some other guys from my team, finally realizing what had just happened, went to help and moved the pole back to its position.

i went to gem's side and basically rambled. "oh my gosh! dude, you could've died! are you okay?! are you hurt? are you bleeding? a-and you. yes you," i said pointing to jai. "that was so sweet. what were you doing? are you edward or something?"

"allison, allison."

"wait im not done yet. did you just came out of nowhere like 'puffttttt'? this just suddenly goes from a boring p.e lesson to a scene from twilight," i took a deep breath, aware that i've been continuously since just now.

"you..you," i said to gem. "we're going to the nurse. who knows you got a heart attack by the sudden attack." i pulled her arm, carefully avoiding her lower arm.

"wait!" jai said. "i-i just want to know. are you alright?" he looked towards gem with concern in his eyes.

"yeah yeah im okay. i didnt get hit. thanks so much." gem smiled at him. i coughed in return.

"alright come on now, sorry to ruin your moment."i continued.

"thanks jai!" i shouted on the way out of the hall with gem behind me.

alright. *deep breaths* here i go. i am so so so sorry that i couldn't update what with upcoming exams and stuff. 😪

but i just wanna say THANKYOU SO MUCH for keeping up with us. ☺️💕

we will still be updating, i guarantee you that.

anyways, give this chapter a vote or even a comment if thats possible oright? 😁💖

ok bye bye see you soon? i guess 👋🏻- j