f o u r t e e n

"hey."

"hello?"

"wake up."

"ALLISON OPEN YOUR EYES."

i slowly woke up from my sleep, without realizing that i've fallen into one. i wasn't exactly in a comfortable position either, my head was against Niall's chest and my legs hanging from the other side of the couch.

"Gem..shh..i want to sleep.." i mumbled as i closed my eyes again, enjoying the next few seconds of sleep before she interrupted once more.

"fine, its not my problem if you missed classes then. im going to school," she retorted. "you have five minutes."

"yeah..yea-" wait. what. school. "oh my god," i screamed. "Niall! Niall! wake up!" i shook him as he groggily rubbed his eyes with the back of his palm.

i rushed to the bathroom and try my best to look like i haven't just woken up a minute ago. i can't go to school wearing this, i thought, im running late.  i washed my face and combed my hair before retreating down the stairs and into the kitchen.

i saw Niall on the counter, halfway eating a banana while Gem was on her phone, probably scrolling through twitter.

"guys lets go, c'mon," i picked up an apple from the refrigerator and dragged the both of them out the back door.

"okay, i need a ride back home to get my books and stuff and probably change," I quickly said, looking at them back and forth.

"shoot! i have test today. sorry peeps, i dont want to fail history," Gem frowned at me.

"alright, and you Niall?"

"sure i'll drive ya," he replied with a shrug.

"see you at school," i half-yelled at Gem as we both separated to two cars.

•••

after changing into a nice outfit, packing my books, and quietly tiptoeing past my snoring dad on the armchair facing the television while resisting myself from punching him, i was back in Niall's car in about half an hour later.

by this time, second period may have already started and here i am, on the road while nervously chewing on the apple. i turned on the radio as the 90s was playing.

"calm down, sweetheart," i heard Niall said with a laugh.

•••

it was ten minutes later did i realize that the route we're on wasn't heading towards school.

"um..Niall?" i said while looking around through the car window.

"yes, babe?"

"why do i have a feeling we're not going to school?"

"because we're not going to school."

"wha..Niall what do you-"

"we're going to the mall," he said with a cheeky grin on his face.

"but-"