t w e n t y o n e

[ N i a l l ]

there she is, the devil.

"hi Megan" i replied.

"how's life?" she asked, folding her arms.

"great i guess, until today."

Megan laughed at my reply. "bummer, did you say goodbye to your girlfriend?"

"later" i said, preventing eye contact with Megan.

"do you agree completely? dump her for me?" she asked, making sure.

"yes." i reassured her. "whatever it takes to keep Allison safe."

______________________________

Megan sighed with relief after the nurse took out the needle from her arm.
"thank you so much for doing this" the nurse said, as she cleaned up Megan's arm.

"whatever" Megan said, annoyed. "Allison got what she needed, and now I got what i need."

I gave Megan a fake smile. I hated her to the core. Megan is heartless, soulless but what could I do? She was my only hope to keep Allison alive.

After they were done, we both met up with Gem and the rest. Megan and Gem exchanged disgusted looks.

"Did it go well?" Jai asked, tightening his grip around Gem's waist.

"Yeah, how's Allison?" I asked.

"She's okay now, thanks to the donated blood. The doctor said that she needs rest, that's all." Riley explained, leaning on the wall.

"Can we go now?" Megan asked, with her eyes on her phone screen.

"Shut the fuck up, will you? Can't the boy at least say goodbye?" Gem spoke up and Jai had to hold her back.

"Fuck off, Harries. This isn't your game." Megan replied, her tone was sharp.

"Can you guys knock it off? This is about Allison here" Jai said.

Megan ignored Jai's remark and continued to text whoever she was texting with.

"Can I enter her room? Just for a while" I asked Gem, wanting to see how she was coping.

"Be my guest" Gem replied, opening the door.

I entered and saw my babygirl lying on the uncomfortable hospital bed, with tubes inserted into her skin. Her stab wounds were stitched and patched up, her lips are blue and her face was pale. Her hands were as cold as ice, and I still thought that she was beautiful.

I always thought she looked beautiful.

"Hey, baby" I whispered, sitting down on the chair next to the bed and grabbed her cold hand. "I hope you're doing okay."

Her eyes twitched slightly but never opened.

"Listen," I started.
"I'm sorry for doing this but I did it in order to keep you alive. If i told you what I did, you'll go full on shit mode on Megan. Some things are better left unsaid."

I continued, "but I will always love you, forever. You're everything to me, you are the reason why I smile everyday. You changed me a lot, influenced me. I just.." I paused.

"I love you so much it makes me sick."

I grabbed her hand tighter, "Please don't be mad, I want you to know that I love you so much, I will never love Megan. You, only you."

"Niall, are you done yet?" Megan sighed, knocking on the door repeatedly.

"Yeah." I replied. "This is not goodbye. This is a see you soon message. I love you, Allison, promise." I whispered and stood up from my seat.

I took another look at her and smiled slightly. She looks so beautiful. I kissed her forehead and a single tear drop fell on her face. I wiped it off and wiped the tears from my eyes. I walked away from her and I headed to the door, realising that if I left the room, I would not be able to hold Allison anymore.

My heart ached, I had to do this. For Allison. For her. If I love her, I would do anything to keep her alive, even if it causes me to be in pain.

I turned the doorknob, opened the door to be greeted by Megan's annoyed stare.

"Sorry" I apologised and shut the door behind me.

"Can we just go now, this is a complete waste of my time." She said and grabbed my arm.

Megan dragged me out of the hospital to her car.

I promise, Allison. I promise that one day, you will be in my arms again.

HAI GUYS OMG SORRY FOR THE LONG HIATUS WE WERE SO BUSY WITH EXAMS AND STUFF BUT WE'RE OKAY NOW JUST WE HAVE TO GET OUR REPORT CARDS ON SATURDAY WISKEOSENSI

also, i know i'm late about the Orlando Shooting but my prayers are with the victim's families. The world is a mean place honestly, I don't know what is happening to it. We really need to find peace with each other, its 2016 it's about time.

RIP to Christina Grimmie too. She was so young she didnt deserve this. Shes in a good place now.

thank you for sticking with us for these past few months, i love you all deeply. stay safe guys.

xoxo,
Humayra