t h i r t e e n

[A l l i s o n]

we hung out for an hour or so at the tree house and then we were on our way home.

we were silent on the way home, comfortable silence when my phone buzzed with a text message. Gem's contact name popped up on my screen.

from: gem 👽❣
HEYHEYHEY your dad's home, i'm hiding in your backyard help me

for a split second, i wanted to throw up. i shook my head in disbelief. no, he's not back.

to: gem 👽❣
r u srs??????

i pressed send, and instantly got a message back.

from: gem 👽❣
yes im dead srs pls help

to: gem 👽❣
if you're joking i'll kill you

from: gem 👽❣
i'm not now help me!!

i laughed slightly.

to: gem 👽❣
go to the Mrs. Paige's backyard, i'll pick u up from there ok

from: gem 👽❣
thank u!!!!!!!!!!!!

"what are you smiling about?" Niall asked and smiled.

"Gem got her ass in trouble"

"typical"

i huffed tiredly. "we're getting her at our neighbor's"

"wait why isnt she at yours?" Niall asked, curiousty filled his voice.

i answered hesitantly, "problems"

Niall nods, understanding the bit of information i gave him. god, i hate lying to him.

after a few minutes of driving, we arrived in front of Mrs.Paige's house. i was about to call her when she ran into Niall's car.

"what the fuck took you so long?" she said, ticked off.

"wow chill Gem" Niall said, giggling.

"god" I rolled my eyes.

"drive drive drive" Gem said, pissed.

Niall laughed and started driving.

"where?" i said.

"Hell" she said sarcastically. "my house duh" she added.

i faked laugh and told Niall the address.
after a few turns, we finally arrived at her house.

"well?" Gem said. "come on, get out of the car and crash at my place for a bit"

Niall looked at me, reassuring if we should and i gave him a yeah, we should look so we both climbed out of the car.

he intertwined our hands together and Gem led the way to her porch.

"welcome to my humble abode" she welcomed and gestured us to the living room.

Niall sank onto the couch as i helped Gem take some snacks and 3 tin cans of pepsi. when i was going back to the living room with the cans of pepsi in my hands, Gem pulled me back to the kitchen by the shoulders and wrapped her arms around me.