The First Failure

After saving Peter's life (again), Edmund runs to that lonely tower, he didn't have anywhere to go besides there, and he couldn't fight alone all those ten - or more - telmarines. He got desperate in the same time, he was trapped. He was fighting against panic, but his heart was beating fast, he was sweating and the only though that was in his mind was if his family was okay? He needed to go help them, but now he was going to die. 

The telmarines force the door, the torch almost broking into pieces. Edmund's hand was already in the sword when he saw it. The incredible bird was there, waiting for him. As the men points their sword to him, he naturally fell from the edge. It was the most exciting feeling he had ever felt, first he was free falling, until the griffin caughts him in the air. He could see the surprised expressions of the telmarines in the tower.

They were flying away from the castle. Edmund suddenly gets nervous, they couldn't just leave! The narnians were still there fighting! The griffin, however, knew something he didn't. They were losing, and being killed.

"No! No! Get back! We need to help them!" The griffin protests, but Edmund convinces it to get back, and, flying as fast as it could, they got there. But it was too late. The scene was devastating, centaurs, fauns, leopards, mouses, all dead. The gate, at least that was what Edmund concluded, was closed by telmarines and only a few of narnians escaped. 

Terror domines his soul. What about his siblings? Where could they be? He searches over the bodies inside the gates, but there was not a sight. Thanks Aslan they weren' there! Edmund searches for them in the people who escaped and founds them. Peter and Susan were already running away, with a few of the remaining narnians. 

"Let's go. Take us out of here." Edmund says to the griffin, who let a sad noise come out of its mouth as they fly away back to Aslan's How.