The Combat

Edmund could feel the wind coming from the west, but his eyes were locked on the fight in front of himself. Miraz showed himself to be a skilled fighter and now, the dark haired man feared for his brother's life. He had faith on Peter, but only the thought of losing his older brother made him shiver.

Peter had asked him before what would happen at home if they died here, that doubt now traveled across Edmund's mind and he bites his lower lip, his eyes following the swords movements, hearing as they touched, the metallic sound echoing through the green field.

Suddenly, he feels the touch of small fingers reaching for his own. The girl was wearing a battle suit, but could still look ravishing. Her hair falls down her back like a waterfall, her eyes on the fight. Not like Edmund, she seemed in peace, her expressions were clean from any sign of concern or doubt - she was absolutely sure that Peter would win that combat no matter what.

And she kept holding his hand, their fingers intertwined together and her thumb drawing circles on the back of his hand. The Just King dared looking down at her again, finding a sweet smile on her lips.

"Don't forget to breathe, Ed." She says calmly, and he instantly searches for air, breathing in and out. He was partially calmer than before when he hears the telmarine King scream in pain. The combat was close to an end.

/requested on February 20th, hope you like it :)