Fairytale

"No! Comeback!" The voice echoes through her mind as Alice remembers of what had happened the night before. She could still feel the soft touch of the silk dress, she could still remember the music that was playing when a King asked her to dance. She remembers every step they took, every glance they shared. For the first time, she found out that words weren't needed. She didn't need to say a thing to him, as he already understood everything by one glimpse of her eyes.

Everything had to come to an end unfortunately. The godmother said specifically that the spell would disappear by midnight and that was what happened. She remembers feeling the soft breath of the King close to her face as they were about to kiss, but then she sees the time and oh! She was so late! She needed to go back home! With a desperate attitude she got up, leaving the High King Peter confused briefly. He ran after her but the only thing he found was a crystal shoe.

She has been replaying the night inside her mind over and over again. Of course her stepmother and sisters didn't know a thing about this and by Aslan they could never know! What a disaster that wouldn't be!
She kept dreaming through days and nights until she found out that the King himself would be searching for the lady he fell in love with during the ball. Would that be her? Could it be?

Shocked by the news, she stares at her stepmother - the one who told her the news - with big eyes. A big mistake, seeing that the old lady frowns by Alice's reaction and then realizes. She was the one who danced with the King! The servant danced with the King! What a tremendous disrespect! The old lady grabs her by her arm and takes Alice upstairs in a hurry, soon the King would arrive!

The young lady nothing could do, the way her stepmother was holding her was way too strong, she had no escape - but yet she kept struggling, fighting against the firm grasp of the woman. They could hear knocks in the front door and just as this happens, Alice's stepmother locks her up, in her own room. She couldn't believe it! That was would her life would be now? A prisoner in her own room?

Voices can be heard downstairs and she punches the door, trying to make noise so someone could hear her.

Peter wasn't alone once he gets inside. He had brought with him, Edmund, his younger brother. Both Kings enter the house, simple clothes but still stunning. The two sisters present themselves and claim to be the onea to have danced with him. Obviously that Peter knew they were lying. Meanwhile the chat, King Edmund stays in another room and out of sudden happens to hear the noise Alice was making.
"There's someone else in the house." He says as a secret to his brother. Peter raises his eyes and stares at the stepmother, confronting.
"Madame. I thank the hospitality, would there be any one else in here?" The woman smiles hugely at him, trying to be charming.
"I am afraid not, my King!" Peter gets up, now he himself hears the noises. "Only our servant but she couldn't attend to a ball like yours, my majesty."

Peter didn't hesitate. Something told him that that was her, somehow. Edmund understands what the brother was feeling and questions the stepmother where thag servant was being kept.

"Upstairs." She says in a low voice, visibly mad. Both of the Kings thanks her and almost run upstairs. The noises were every second louder till they get there. Peter is the first one to try to put the door down, and once he does, he sees her. A few steps from where the door has fell, staring at him in surprise. She couldn't believe it was really him! But oh, his face showed the same surprise. She hesitated for a moment. She was a servant,  maybe he wouldn't like her at all now.

But that thought disappeared from her mind in the same second once he ran towards her, worried.

"Are you okay?" He asks, his arms around her shoulder as he brought her close to him. She nods, and hugs him back. "I found you." He says and kisses her forehead. That was her new favorite day. The day when true love won.