The Last Call

It was a dream? As much as Susan tried, she could not discern where she was, why she was there. She was wearing a fancy dress, different from all the other clothes she had ever seen. It looked like the clothes of a queen, and on her head she feels the weight of a golden circle, a crown. Everything was misty around, a light mist covering the ground not allowing her to see even one step ahead. She takes a step forward, but the ground trembles at her feet and she returns where she was before. Where was she? She could not remember having slept, why would that be a dream? Why the feeling of being in another world was so familiar? She did not remember. She could not.

Above her head, the sunlight comes through the trees and illuminate the place. The fog dissipates slowly leaving the view to a table cracked in half. It seemed strange it to be in the middle of a forest, and Susan tries again walking toward the place. This time the ground does not break at her feet and she slowly walks to the stone table, resting her hand on the cold stone and feeling its texture. In a matter of seconds, memories flood her mind and her eyes are opened. She remembers the steps taken in the snow the first time she went into the wardrobe. The freezing cold she felt when they had crossed the river, and when Lucy nearly drowned. She remembered the suitors who she had during the Golden Age. Remembered the nobles of Archenland, Cor, Corin. Her mind rebels itself against the memories and she returns to live them. Remembering Trumpkin and Reepicheep. Caspian, she also remembered Caspian.

Her legs starts to tremble and her eyes flooded with tears of repentance. Where was she going? What she was doing with her life? Susan falls in front of the stone in her knees and weeps bitterly. Everything she learned in Narnia had been completely forgotten by her selfish heart and it was too late to fix this error. Her brothers were gone, she was alone to face the world. Hot tears run down her cheeks and loud sobs escape her lips. [more bellow]

Excluir comentáriodaxn_treaderSuddenly, she feels a lightweight like a feather landing on her shoulder, and looking up, she sees him. Aslan. The great Lion remained standing, with its large golden mane and his loving eyes. But she could not face him. She left him for material things, left the world of Narnia and her beliefs. The Lion remained there, still. At one point, when his presence became almost unbearable, Susan turns to him, yet fallen to the ground and sobbing loudly.

"What did I do Aslan? Why did you bring me here to see these things?"

Aslan throws her a loving look, sitting next to the woman. His presence was overwhelming and somewhat uncomfortable for Susan. She felt exposed, vulnerable.

"I did this to show what your mind struggle so much to hide. My daughter, you don't have to fear this world."

Susan smiles and wipes a tear hung on her chin.

"Lucy would believe in it. Peter and Edmund as well. But Aslan... look what they got! They are gone! You were not there to protect them!" She gets angry and starts to cry again, the crown on her head slowly losing color and her dress becoming something simpler.

"Your eyes are still hazy, dear Susan. You can not understand that my plans are bigger. I can say for sure that your brothers and sister are in a better place, happier than they have ever been. They trusted me, so rewarded them with the best of me."

Susan could not understand, she felt her world exposed to something that was merely a fantasy. That had to be a dream! Her crown disappears completely from her head.

"Child, I am giving you one more chance to believe. To trust in me and my promise."

Susan wipes away her tears and gets up, finding the Lion of a smaller size than when she first saw him. His mane lost the color, but only for her eyes as they returned to ignorance, they did not want to see Aslan.

"I want to get out of here." She speaks and the Lion just sadly stares at her and nods. He loved Susan, did not want to lose her for the world but could not force her to believe. Lightly, he blows a cold wind on the human, who trembles before it all goes dark.

Her eyes open and she is in her bed, lying comfortably. But she no longer remembered her meeting with Aslan.