Safe and Sound

It was a bad idea. It would be normal to expect that no one would think about jumping through a window that is five feet from the ground but... seems right now you had no other choice but do it. You feel your hair flying as you fall straight to the hard ground. The first thing you imagine is the sound of broken bones, the impact definitely will provide you some injuries.

You are still falling. It's like the movies you've watched so many years ago, everything gets into slow motion and the only feeling you have is fear. Fear of death.

You can hear the mad voices coming from the window you just broke and then, you remember you are falling.

The ground comes towards you fast, and a loud scream comes from your month when something unexpected happens. Out of sudden, a giant bird stood between you and the certain death.

Now you are flying, you hold back a scream before noticing hands were holding your waist so you wouldn't fall from the giant bird. You turn your head slighty back just to meet with Edmund's dark eyes. You return to face the open space in front of you, avoiding the fact that your heart had started racing.

Long minutes had passed as you both remained quiet. He is the one to break the silence.

"Are you okay?"

His words cut the air and get right into your fast beating heart.

"Yes."

"You've just jumped out of a window."

"I am okay." you say now turning to face him, a big mistake seeing now you were trapped in his eyes. "There wasn't another way out."

"I know." he waits, lifiting up an eyebrown.

"If you want me to thank you for saving me, then fine, thanks."

He rolls his eyes and holds you closer, gently.

"I am just glad you are safe."