Arms

"Ed!" You call his name once but the man walks away quickly, rushing out of the cave with a mad expression on his face. You run after him through the corridors, confused. What had happened in there? "Edmund!" You call once again and this time he stops, abruptly, almost making you bump into him. You frown, heart racing by the small run you just had. 

"What happened?" You ask in a low voice, he had his back turned to you, and slowly he turns, facing the ground with a severe expression. "Are you okay?" 

He doesn't answer, his eyes still focused on the solid ground beneath his feet. In a sudden movement he steps forward, holding your body in between his arms and getting his head on the top of your shoulder. He was obviously making an effort to it, seeing how different your height was. 

You are taken by surprise, and it takes a few seconds for you to wrap your arms around his well formed body. You do not dare to say a word, even though your curiosity about what had happened was killing you from the inside out. Edmund remains in that cozy position for it seems to be hours, you could hear his heart beating fast, and his chaotic breathing. 

Just as suddenly he had embraced you, he lets go of you, sighing deeply. 

"I'm sorry, I-"

"No, it's fine." You cut his words instantly, making sure he wouldn't feel embarassed about it. 

He smiles, gazing down for a while but returning to meet your eyes. 

"Thanks, (y/n)." He smirks. "You can ask now." You bite your lower lip but just cannot control it. 

"What happened in there?"