Chapter 10

Hey y’all! So sorry I didn’t upload earlier, but I was at the beach and couldn’t get on the computer. Remember, abortion is bad! Don’t get an abortion! Okay that was kind of random, but me and my friend were talking about it earlier and I thought you might benefit from it! The words at the end are French in case you forgot and please, VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 10

*Liam’s POV*

                I had just finished walking in a circle around the apple tree I was under when I started to look for Brae. She was here just a minute ago, so she couldn’t have gone far. I was just walking over to where I last saw her when I heard a piercing scream fill the air, “LIAM!”

                My eyes snapped up and I saw Brae falling through the air with an apple clutched in her hand. My heart felt like it was going to explode from my chest as I sprinted to where she was going to land, and only just made it in time.

                Her weight slammed into me and I fell to the ground with an, “Oomph!” I was laying in the grass, stunned, on my back with my arms wrapped around B. My heart was still pounding in my chest and it didn’t help that every inch of her body was pressed against me.

                Giving a shaky sigh, I asked, “Are you okay Buttercup?” When she didn’t respond, I got worried and shook her shoulders, asking again, “Buttercup, are you okay?” she raised her head and looked at me with dazed eyes. I was getting more worried by the second, but she finally nodded slowly.

                I sat up, pulling Brae with me, and crushed her to me in a hug. My mouth was right by her ear so I whispered, “Don’t you ever do that to me again.” With agonizing slowness, she squeezed her hands out from where they were trapped against my chest and wrapped them around my back, pulling herself even closer to me than before.

                After a couple minutes, I reluctantly released her from my grasp so I could look her over to make absolutely sure that she wasn’t hurt. I meticulously checked out every part of her body, and sighed in relief when I was sure that she wasn’t hurt.  I pulled her onto my lap and layed my head on top of hers, stroking her soft hair that flowed from the bottom of her hat. “Thank God you’re all right.”

                I recalled how she screamed my name, and while I can still remember the panic I felt at that moment, now I felt an extreme joy because she had spoken after 10 years of silence. Most of that joy was because she had broken her mute streak by saying my name, though.

                Brae pulled away just enough that she could look right into my eyes, her mesmerizing light blue eyes capturing mine and I felt a little bit more of my heart go to her. She opened and closed her mouth a couple times before clearing her throat and stuttering out, “T-thank you.” Her voice was hoarse and scratchy from not being used in so long, but I didn’t care, my heart soared.

                “Anything for you.” I truthfully answered and hopefully asked, “So are you speaking now?” B looked unsure so I told her, “It’s okay if you won’t, but I was just wondering if I should expect to hear you jabbering all day long now.” I finished with a teasing voice, trying to lighten the mood a little bit. She looked at me gratefully and I just tightened my hold on her, content to hold my buttercup in my arms.