Chapter 22

Hey guys! Sorry for not uploading sooner but I didn’t really want to write. I had to force myself to write this so I’m sorry if it’s bad. I dedicated this chapter to ilovetheworld because I thought she would like the drama I put in ;) Hehe, is that good enough for you? Well anyways, please VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 22

                Liam and I swayed back and forth to soft and slow music playing. I had thought that a high school gym would never have been able to seem romantic, but I was wrong. The student council had no doubt taken all their time and effort to hang hand-made leaves from the rafters, cover the walls with paper that had a painted scene of a lovely forest, and set up tables bordering the room with all kinds of refreshments.

                Sadly, the song ended and I reluctantly pulled away from Liam. “I’m thirsty.” I told him. He smiled at me and grabbed my hand before pulling me away to one of the many tables in the room.

                I was just filling my small plastic cup with water when I heard the distinct clacking of heels heading our way. Expecting it to just be Sofia, I ignored it and took a sip of my water before turning around. I was shocked to see a fake looking blonde girl staring seductively at my boyfriend. She bit her lip, trying to be sexy I’m guessing, and sauntered over to Liam. Trailing her fingers down his chest, Rebecca asked softly, but not so soft that I couldn’t hear, “You want to get out of here?”

                My mouth dropped open in shock, but I quickly snapped it shut again. Liam is going to go with her. She’s never made an actually move on him before even though it was pretty obvious to everyone that she wanted him. Why would Liam turn down this pretty and willing girl when I was just damaged goods? I haven’t even told him my biggest secret. I mean, Rebecca was definitely fake but she was still gorgeous.

                I braced myself for the heartbreak I knew was coming when I saw Liam wince, looking uncomfortable. Could he possibly not want to be with her? Carefully pulling her hands off of his chest, Liam returned Rebecca’s hands to her side. “Sorry Rebecca, but I’m here with Brae. Besides, isn’t that a question you should be asking your date?” he pointed to a dumb looking jock who was oblivious to his date trying to seduce another man.

                Rebecca pouted, which did not look attractive on her, “But you’re so much more fun than Jack.”

                “That’s Josh.” Liam corrected.

                “Well that doesn’t matter anyways. Why don’t you ditch the freak and come out with me baby?” She purred, snuggling up to him again. I was repressing the urge to rip her hair out and call her a whole bunch of nasty names. Fighting back the jealousy, I pressed my lips together in a thin line and continued to watch the scene before me, hoping that Liam would defend me in front of this slut.

                Looking annoyed, Liam stated in a falsely calm voice, “She isn’t a freak.”