Chapter 14

Question. Does anybody actually read this? Please answer if you read it! I’m going out of town until next Friday so I won’t post during that time period! VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 14

                A hand was shaking me and thinking it was one of the hated people from my memory, reached my arm out and slapped without opening my eyes. Cracking open an eyelid, I saw Liam bending over me with a shocked expression on his face and on one of his cheeks you could see a red handprint forming from my forceful slap. I was sweating a lot, my legs were tangled in the sheet, and I was breathing heavily, all signs of a nightmare. Forgetting that I had just smacked him, he sat down beside me and wrapped both arms around my shaking form, pulling me into a hug. He didn’t say anything, just held me as I calmed down.

                After a few minutes, my breathing was back to normal, well as normal as it could be when Liam was holding me. “Want to talk about it?” his quiet voice broke the silence in the room, and I could hear the worry and concern in it. Yes, I do. But I wouldn’t, no, couldn’t tell him; I don’t trust him enough. No, that’s not really what I mean. Trust isn’t the word. I don’t want to face the consequences. I don’t want his pity, or even worse, what if he doesn’t love me after I tell him? With these thoughts in mind, I shook my head no into his neck and tightened my hold on him, not ready to let go yet. “Whenever you’re ready.” he told me in a comforting voice.

                Gently, I disengaged myself from him to look at the clock. I saw his crutches leaning against my bedside table and the bright green numbers glowed 7:30. I turned curious eyes to Liam. Why was he here this early? Catching my glance, he lowered his eyes and mumbled, “I was too excited to see you to wait until later.” He is too sweet! I smiled softly at him and gave him a kiss on his cheek. He pouted and told me, “You missed.” I laughed demurely and rolled my eyes at his pathetic attempt, even though those big eyes had me wanting to go back and fix that mistake.

                Remembering how sweaty I was from my night of terror, I decided to get up and take a shower, though I normally wouldn’t, plus I was too scared last night to. Stretching like a cat and giving a big yawn, I shuffled over to my dresser pulling out a pair of light skinny jeans that had rips in the knee from when I fell one time, a tight black long sleeved shirt, and a white vest. Dragging my feet over to my dresser, I picked out what I needed and made my way into the bathroom blearily. I dumped my stuff on the counter and turned the shower on the setting for hot water.

                After doing the necessary things in the bathroom, I walked back to my room, feeling a lot more awake. I threw my dirty clothes in the hamper and waltzed over to my dresser, picked out a pair of mismatched socks, and pulled them on while trying to make it to my closet. Finally, I reached the closet, without falling I might add, and picked up my favorite pair of black Converse before putting them on.

                Humming Animal I Have Become by Three Days Grace under my breath, I walked over to the mirror leaning against one of my walls by my desk and started to fix my hair. I decided to do a braid headband with my bangs down so I got to work. When it was done it looked fabulous, if I do say so myself.