Chapter 18

Hey y’all, I think I’m back in the groove now so it’s all good! VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 18

                “Higher!” I shouted, giggling. The wind was in my hair and it was the most amazing feeling in the world. I felt like I was flying and no one could bring me down.

                “Buttercup, you can’t go any higher! The swings won’t let you!” That bummed my mood out a little bit, but the next gush of wind through my hair made everything seem better. My laughter floated through the air and I closed my eyes, just enjoying the bliss of being pushed on a swing.

                Today was Sunday, yesterday being spent hanging out with our friends. Sofia and Steve were still trying to make Liam enter the talent show, which I really appreciated. Oh! That reminds me, I guess I better have a go at it then. I left my feet dangle, dragging on the ground to slow me down. Liam apparently got the message because he grabbed the chains of the swing I was sitting on and pulled it to a stop.

                Bringing my feet up, I stood up on the swing and spun around so I was facing Liam and then made my way to a sitting position. Liam was still holding on to the chains so his arms trapped me in my swing. Wistfully, I say, “I really wish you would enter your stubborn self in the talent show.”

                I was answered with a groan as Liam complained, “Not you too! Steve and Sofia have been trying to get me to do it all week! They thought they were being sneaky about it but they weren’t.” I gulped slightly and cursed Sofia and Steve for being so obvious. Suddenly, Liam looked suspicious, “Did they put you up to this?”

                I looked down and swung my feet guiltily, “Well, there’s something you should know about that.” I could feel his eyes burning a hole on the top of my head so I quickly rushed out, “I was the one who put Sofia and Steve up to it, not the other way around.” I held my breath as I waited for his reaction. After a couple seconds, I lifted my head up to see Liam had closed his eyes and was now shaking his head in a rueful manner.

                “I should’ve known.” What? How could he have known? “You were the first one to hear me sing and I know that Sofia and Steve wouldn’t have come up with badgering me all week.” I sheepishly shifted my eyes to his chest so I wouldn’t have to see his face.

                Cutting through his mumbles, I asked, “Liam, will you please sing in the talent show? For me?” I raised my eyes to his, but this time I had my puppy dog eyes out. I set my pleading eyes on his and I watched as his resistance slowly crumbled.