Chapter 21

Hey y’all! So I got tired after writing the first page of this so sorry if after that it sucks! Please check out Pssttt! It’s kind of important. Right now this is rated #597 in Teen Fiction which has me really excited so keep VOTING, COMMENTING, AND FANNING!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 21

                Sticking my tongue out in concentration, I gently pulled the curling iron out of my hair and let the small section fall away.”Perfect.” I whispered to myself. My hair was up in a messy bun with a few curly strands hanging down and my bangs down as well.

                I carefully applied eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss. My cheeks were naturally a little pink so I didn’t need blush. Tonight was the fall dance and I wanted to look beautiful. I’ll show them. I thought back to Monday morning in art class.

                Sofia rushed over to our table and started jumping up and down excitedly. “Steve asked me to the Fall Dance!”My mouth dropped open in shock. I knew that Sofia and Steve liked each other but I honestly didn’t expect Steve to get the courage to ask her out, let alone to the dance!

                “What did you say?” I asked, forgetting where I was.

                “What did you say?” I heard an appalled voice behind me. I shut my eyes regretfully and turned to face Rebecca, who was standing behind my table with her mouth hanging open and her eyes wide. I faked confusion, pointing to my chest with a questioning look on my face. ”Yes you! I just heard you talking!”

                “You’re crazy. Brae won’t talk.” Sofia butted in, saving me.

                “No, I heard her! She was talking to you!” she pointed a finger at Sofia accusingly. “I’ve got to go tell everyone!” Rebecca started to wobble off on her ridiculously tall high heels.

                “I don’t think you will.” Sofia hissed, jumping over and grabbing Rebecca’s arm.

                I sighed in defeat, “It’s okay Sofia. She’s just going to tell everyone anyways.”

                Grudgingly, Sofia released her grip on the smirking Rebecca. “How could you do that? You could have just let everything blow over.” She asked, moving to sit down in her seat.

                I shrugged, “It was going to come out eventually and I don’t want to have to listen to the whispers and see the stares twice.” Sofia pursed her lips and held up two fingers questioningly. I laughed and explained, “One time now and the second when I actually do start talking.” Her face lifted in realization and her mouth formed an ‘O’.