Epilogue

It’s finally over y’all! I can hardly believe it! Sorry if you think this is too short but I’m tired and I have school tomorrow. Does most of this scene seem familiar to anyone?  ;) Always VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN!        

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Epilogue

                I was in a clearing that was surrounded by tall trees and the sounds of nature. I looked around me, trying to take in this beautiful nature scene when a shadowy figure stepped out of the trees and started making its way towards me. The bright sunlight fell on the figure and at first I was unable to make out who it was, but after a second of letting my eyes adjust, I realized it was Liam.

                “Liam?” I asked.

                “Yeah, it’s me Buttercup.” He answered me. Walking over to me, he said, “Oh Buttercup, you look so beautiful today.”

                “Oh why thank you, kind sir. I must say you look ravishing as well.” I said giggling.

                “Shall we go for our walk now?” Liam asked, offering me his arm.

                I took it and answered enthusiastically, “Of course!”

                My boyfriend guided me towards a path through the trees, where we were enveloped in the scent of pine trees and flowers. As we were walking along, the canopy of leaves shading us from getting too much sun, Liam turned to me and I saw the happiness sparkling in his deep green eyes. “Well Buttercup, I know I told you that we were going to go on a walk and then have a picnic,” he said, “but I have a little surprise for you!”

                “What is it?” I asked eagerly.

                Liam looked at me with mysterious eyes and scolded me, “I said it’s a surprise, and if I tell you what it is then it won’t be a surprise!”

                Sighing, I knew that he wouldn’t change his mind and let him drag me along the path until we came to a break in the trees, but Liam wouldn’t let me see in. “Okay, now close your eyes.” I closed them and let him guide me through the opening and into what seemed like an open space.

                “Now… open!”

                I looked around and gasped as my eyes opened wide. Flowers of every size, shape, and color were planted in rows. The aroma of all these flowers invaded my nose and I looked beside me at Liam, who was watching me and was clearly pleases by my reaction.

                My eyes shining, I looked at him and asked, “You did all this?”

                Nodding, he told me, “Just wait. You haven’t even seen the best part yet.”

                What could be better than all this, I thought to myself. Liam lead me down another short path that was lined with petals that looked like they came from every plant back there. After about 2 minutes, we stopped and he made me close my eyes again.

                The second Liam told me that I could open my eyes, I complied eagerly and was met with the most beautiful sight I had ever seen.

                Little candles lined a walkway that led to a small white swinging bench. The bench was surrounded by my favorite flowers, white lilies. On each side of the bench was a hydrangea bush, which was my second favorite flower.

                Walking dazedly to the swing, I sat down gently and watched as Liam followed my example. Turning to him, I have him the biggest hug I could muster and whispered in his ear, “Thank you so much.” Pulling away, I gave him a quick kiss and turned again to the beautiful scene before me that I couldn’t get enough of.

                Wrapping his arms around me, Liam whispered, “Anything for you Buttercup.” Smiling, I leaned my head against his. I let myself loose all sense of time and all my memories. All that mattered was that I was here with Liam.

                Liam, who was the sweetest man on the Earth. Liam, who was the best boy friend a girl could ever ask for. Liam.

                The sun was setting, leaving the only illumination to come from the candles Liam had set up. Gently, I started to move the swing back and forth a little bit. It gained momentum and soon Liam and I were slowly swinging in our paradise. The only thing missing was three words. “I love you.” I whispered.