CHAPTER 24: TRUE FEELINGS

JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE SPIDER

CHAPTER 24: TRUE FEELINGS

Peter had just finished his shower and was dressing himself up. He had had a rough night but thankfully Kara had been there. He remembered how much better he was being in her arms, he hadn't felt like that since...MJ.

He thought back to what he heard about Donna's offer. Why would she include Kara in a relationship with him unless she thought there was something going on with him and Kara? Was there? Okay sure being in a three way relationship with two beautiful women was nearly every male's fantasy but to be honest he just couldn't go through with something like that.

He did like Donna she was a great friend but did he really want to take it to another lever? Hormones aside not really, she was a great friend but he honestly didn't think a relationship might work out, she was still getting used to the world and to be fair he related more to Kara.

That was another thing he did care for her but was it like a friend or more? Could he really try and make a relationship with the woman he lived with? He finished dressing and found Kara had already started to cook some breakfast, they tended to take turns and today was her turn, although Peter was a bit better cook then her she made some nice food. She looked over her shoulder at him and smiled, "Hey how are you?"

He knew what she meant, after last night of course she was worried about him, "Better...Kara...thanks you know...for being there."

Kara smiled at him and nodded her head. "Hey you know I'll always be there."

Those simple words had several effects on Peter, he had lost so many people that he always assumed that would always be there. Then he thought back to those people that were still alive back home that he knew. He hadn't lost everyone in his life that horrible night just those closest to him. But still after all the death he had dealt with it had been to much.

"Peter?" Kara asked him seeing him lost in thought.

"Huh? Oh sorry Kara...I was just thinking about things...you know I have to wonder how many people back in my world that I know think that I'm dead. Wonder if there was a funeral service?" he leaned back in his chair, "Boy that would be weird to see."

She sat down next to him, "You know you never really talk much about the people you knew in the other world that much. Did you know any of them? You know personally that is."

Peter nodded his head, "Yeah Johnny Storm the Human Torch was a nice friend. We kind of had one of those friendships where we just tried to have a good time. I mean when he got his powers he lost all his friends so we kind of helped each other with that." Those were fun times, the baseball games they went too and just hanging out and of course making fun and pranking each other that was always good.

"Then I guess the Ultimates but they weren't really friends more like...associates." He shrugged, "I was just a kid anyway I think I fit in better with the X-Men."

Kara remembered hearing about all of those teams, it was certainly different that was for sure. "That last one was the mutant group right?"

"Oh yeah," Peter had to smile at that they were pretty cool guys, even Logan to some degree. "Yeah I guess we had more in common cause we were both trashed by the papers and media. There was a running joke to see who could rack up the worst publicity after like a week or something." He laughed at that, but Kara only smiled politely. She just couldn't understand how people could turn against those that were there to protect the people.