CHAPTER 8: BACK TO NEW YORK

JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE SPIDER

CHAPTER 8: BACK TO NEW YORK

It was the old Oscorp building, the lab where it all started. How fitting this was where it would end. The place had been abandoned for six months since Oscorp had gone under that year. After he had seen his home and loved ones destroyed right in front of him he chased after Norman. Along the rooftops he chased him changing into his Spider-Man suit along the way.

Now in the ruined remains this was it, this was where it all would end tonight. This was the place where the spider was made that gave him his powers, this was the place where Norman turned himself into the goblin. Peter was thrown into a wall with extreme force.

They had been at it for a while now and he felt all the aches and pains, but he wasn't going to give up. Norman had crossed the line with him, he had nothing left to his life now and he was sick and tired of Norman Osborn in his life, and tonight either one or them or both of them wouldn't walk away from this fight. Either way was fine with him.

The Goblin grabbed him by the throat and slammed him into the wall. Peter stared into the green face of the Green Goblin. "I don't see why you still fight Parker. You fail them all, they're all dead now and now you'll join them. Face it...you're a failure and you bring nothing but death and pain to those around you! HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Peter was struggling in his sleep and felt something grab his shoulders and started to shake him. "Peter wake up." Peter snapped his eyes open and saw a green face in front of him.

"YOU!" He cried out and lunched himself at his 'attacker' and tried to fight him off, his face contorted in rage.

"Peter it's me! It's J'onn!"

Peter blinked and slowly came more alert and realized what he had done. It was J'onn, and he was holding his wrists trying not to hurt Peter. "Oh God...J'onn...I-I'm sorry I didn't..." Felt horrible and relaxed himself as J'onn released him and Peter sat on his bed. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to, it's just that-"

J'onn raised his hand. "I understand." He looked at Peter as he hung his head in shame. "You still having the nightmares." He stated. Peter nodded he couldn't say anything at the moment, the nightmare still fresh in his mind of that terrible night and then what he had just done.

"Give it time." J'onn told him sitting down next to the young man. "All wounds need time in order to heal."

"I don't think there are some wounds that never truly heal, even with time." Peter said sadly.

J'onn couldn't argue with that, the death of his family, his world, his people his culture was something he would never get over. "No...some don't. But it does get better in time at least."

Peter sighed, he remembered just how long it took for the pain of his uncle's death to ease off enough so it that it didn't hurt so much all the time. He barely even remembered how he was when his parents died, he just remembered being real sad a lot during that year. "Yeah it does. Still I'm sorry about that. Was there something you guys needed?"

"Yes, we were wondering if you would join us for a meeting in a couple of hours. There are a few things we need to discuss." Peter got a little nervous feeling this was the moment they told him he had to go and find a place to live or something, kind of a time to leave the nest. J'onn could see the look on his face and smiled at him. "Don't worry I don't think this is what you're thinking it's going to be about."

"Okay then, well...I better get ready." J'onn left him as he got showered up and dressed. He managed to buy himself some new clothing and got on a new pair of jeans and a black T-shirt, actually he had a few articles of black clothing, he wasn't aware of it at the time but he guessed some part of him was doing this as a way of morning his loved ones that he lost.