CHAPTER 16: GROWING FEELINGS

JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE SPIDER

CHAPTER 16: GROWING FEELINGS

Donna was picking through a meal lost in thought. So far she was gotten used to a lot of the differences in this world thanks to her sister and a few of the others. She had to admit she liked Hawkgirl no matter her mistake with her people but then again Diana was in exile for breaking their laws anyway and that wasn't fair either, things were certainly more complicated now, it all seemed to simple a few years ago but she had to admit that even though things were more complicated there were more wondrous too.

But she was also thinking about a certain wall crawler. Sure she liked him but was she just infatuated with him or was it more? She had to admit that she found him fascinating also. Plus she had a friendship with him now and didn't know if she advanced on him that she might ruin it. She sighed deeply poking some food that she normally liked but now wasn't that interested in it.

"Trouble?" Donna was startled and looked up to see her sister sit down across from her at the small table away from the other heroes there.

"I'm having trouble with this whole concept of relationships with men." Donna admitted placing the fork down.

Diana sighed too. "I know what you mean."

Donna smirked a bit before she guessed. "Batman right?"

Diana winced a bit. "Am I that obvious?" Sure lately she had growing feelings towards Bruce, in fact she also respected him, his skills and abilities and how he held his own in battle without powers like the others. She had tried talking to Bruce but he was his stubborn self about his no dating policy with League members. Personally she figured he was using that as just an excuse.

"Everyone knows…well…not Superman." Donna giggled a bit at that. "How someone like that who can see in so many different ways be so blind is beyond me." Diana had to agree with that, she respected Superman too but she had to admit in a few areas he was just so…naïve at times.

"So," Wonder Woman began. "We know my little problem…what's the name of yours?"

Donna bit her lip a bit not sure on how she would take this. "Peter." This was kind of a surprise to her. She thought about it and she had to admit that if her younger sister wanted to explore a relationship with a man, Peter would be the best way to start. She also knew that Peter needed to move on at one point but wasn't sure if he was ready to date again.

She leaned forward a bit to her sister with a little worried look on her face. "Be careful with him, I'm not sure if he's ready for a relationship and to be honest he might not be."

Donna sighed, that was something she was hoping not to hear but it had a ring to truth to it. "I know, I don't want to ruin our friendship, and I'm not sure how deep my feelings go anyway…Gods it was so simple a thousand years ago. We Amazons took whatever men pleased us, used them and then got rid of them."

Diana had to laugh at that. "Those were simpler times, but then you miss out on being friends with them." Diana thought how their life was so different from her old one. Amazon life is much more different the outside world. For starters most Amazon's were actually bisexual for the most part. They took men for both pleasure and for procreation. But most of their time was spent around other women. Some of them preferred only woman for company, but after a thousand years everyone needs comfort and certain needs met so they don't have the hang ups that the outside world had because they kind of out grew that taboo.

"Well just take it slow with him and see where things go pressuring him might only push him away."

"Like you and Batman?" Donna asked and Diana wished her little sister wasn't so perceptive sometimes.