CHAPTER 4: THE KENTS

JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE SPIDER

CHAPTER 4: THE KENTS

Peter got a small suitcase that he was packing what little clothing he had. He wasn't sure what he would need so he just got the basics. There was still room in his suitcase and was looking through the drawers wondering what else he might need.

Then he came to his Spider-Man costume. He was thinking about whether he would need it or not or if he should just through the thing into space. He thought once again about just quitting but then what would his life be like then? And wouldn't that make all the scarifies he had made all for nothing? He considered that last one pretty closely.

He decided that since he didn't know what exactly he would expect in this Metropolis city, then he might need something anyway...just in case. So he packed it with the hopes of not needing it and walked off to join Superman at one of the new teleportation units. Apparently before now the League members had to use something called the Javelin 7 to get to Earth all the time and this was something new.

He met Superman but he was dressed in a suit, glasses and his hair was slicked back. Peter was a little surprised at this. He had been wondering why no one recognized him as Superman and now he could see why. The suit hid his muscular form and with the hair and glasses he looked like the kind of guy that got beat up for his lunch money as a kid. Something Peter had happened to him a few times in his freshman year in high school.

"Okay...now you look like a Clark." Peter said to him.

Clark let out a small laugh and they stepped onto the transporter and ended up in Clark's apartment in Metropolis. Peter looked around and was amazed at the place. "How much do you get paid as a reporter?" Peter asked as he looked around. This place was huge and nicely decorated.

"A lot." Came a female voice, which made Peter jump. He turned to see an attractive dark haired woman in a white skirt and business shirt top. She walked up to them with a smile seeing Peter's reaction, which was like a deer caught in the headlights kind of look. "So you must be Peter? Hi I'm Lois." She said and extended her hand for a handshake.

Peter blinked a couple of times then shook her hand. "Uh...okay, hi then." Peter was confused to say the least.

Lois seeing this turned to Clark. "You didn't tell him about me didn't you Smallville?" She asked him using the nickname she always had called Clark by since the first day they met.

"Sorry about that." Clark apologized. "I didn't mean to, I figured you wouldn't be here and he could meet you tomorrow, I'm just dropping his stuff here before we head on to my folks today."

"I know." Lois said to him. "That's why I can here early, I just had to met him." She turned to see Peter was trying to make sense of it so she figured she would enlighten him. "Clark and I are involved. I know he's Superman...I just wish he hadn't taken years to tell me though." She said sending a slight glare his direction. Clark sighed knowing he's never would hear the end of it, but he was glad he finally told her anyway.

"Years?" Peter said a little surprised. "Man, I told my girlfriend after a could of weeks."

That make Lois' head whip around to him surprised at that statement, then she cast a particularly nasty look to Clark. "A few weeks huh? Well...better late then never I suppose."

Clark mentally groaned, he wished Peter hadn't had said that. Now Lois would most likely compare that to their relationship and from the look on her face she knew they were going to have one serious and very uncomfortable talk latter on.

Lois picked up her purse. "Well I got to get back to the Planet, nice meeting you Peter and it's nice to know at least one male has the guts to go through with that without taking their sweet time." As she left Peter cast a sympathetic and apologetic look to Clark.