never let go

TAAAHH THE TITLE IS SO CHEESY IT REMINDS ME OF TITANIC.

you were at a skating rink in downtown, toronto called NPS(nathan phillip square)with your hockey-playing boyfriend shawn on a cold december night. the whole city lit up like a christmas tree.

since your parents werent home, he decides to take you ice skating since its your first time. youve had ice skates hanging on a hook in your garage but you never got a chance to use it for the last few years.

you arrived at the little fountain that turned into a frozen ice rink. snowflakes and icicles decorate the arches that surround the skating area.

you sit down on a lonely bench and take off your uggs and replace them with your "not-used" white twirler skates while shawn does the same with his black ones.

shawn finishes first and steps on the ice. still sitting, you watch him skate the ice doing all these tricks.

"god, i havent stepped on the ice in four years and it feels amazing without wearing all the heavy gear and holding a stick the whole time." he basically screamed out.

you laugh at his cute stupidity. he was having so much fun until he realized you havent set one foot on the ice yet. he skates towards you and steps on the cement platform almost tripping. he grabs both of your hands but you yank them back. "whats wrong? dont you wanna skate around with me?" he questioned you.

"its not that. im afraid of falling and humiliating myself in front of you and other people. theres other people on the ice and they can be sorta judgemental." you stated.

"oh okay. well im not that type of boyfriend now am i?" shawn said feeling a little hurt thinking that you cant trust him.

you look down not saying a word and nodded your head.

"well, y/n. i have one question for you." you look up at him with curiosity in your eyes.

"do you trust me?" he questioned you. "well obvious-". he cuts you off screaming, "then what are you waiting for? lets go!" and throws you behind his back making his way to the ice rink.

he sets you down gently and you wobbled grabbing his shoulder pulling him towards you closing the remaining space between your bodies. you look down at your surroundings as many thoughts run through your head.

you feel shawn chuckle above you because of the height difference. "shawn..." you whined wanting to leave the rink. you started walking stumbling on each step but shawn pulls on your arm making you turn to him again.

"you said you trust me so im gonna prove to you that you can trust me." he said sternly while tucking in a strand of your hair behind your ear.

he holds both of your hands while he started skating backwards. "never let go or youre gonna move really fast and end in the splits as your silly finale. got it?" he chuckled after speaking.

you just nodded your head not knowing what to say and just stared at him while your lips turn into a straight line.

he tells you to take one step at a time and that you make sure you push your feet out behind you at all times.

soon afterwards you got the hang of it and skated around the rink with one free hand while shawn holds the other. shawn made your whole life easier and he did prove to you that you can trust him.

you stop in your tracks and pull shawn which makes him land right in front of you. his eyes go wide as you move closer to his face.

"um, y/n? youre making me feel really uncomfortable at the moment. what are you doing?" he said with his eyes staring down at you.

you stood on your tippy toes the skates making it really hard to keep you in the position. you move your face closer than it was before as your lips brush against his. he slowly shuts his eyes and was ready to kiss you but opened them when he realized that that wasnt what you were going for. "thanks for teaching me. so now that i got the hang of it, ill race you to the other end of the rink. if you win, ill get you a dozen of chocolate chip muffins from tims. and if i win? i get to do whatever i want with you for two whole weeks. deal?" you set back down and was back to being shorter than him.

you wiggle your eyebrows making him chuckle. "youre such a tease. did you know that?" you giggle at his response and he soon said "deal." you make your way to one end while shawn stands right beside you. "ready to get your ass kicked, babe?" shawn said in a cocky way. what a savage.

"i wouldnt say that just yet." you smiled devilishly. "on a count of three. one... two... THREE!" and both of you skated as fast as you could. you made it to the end first and jumped for joy looking at shawn who was panting and bending over catching for breath.

"YEEE BUDDY. GUESS WHO KICKED THEIR BOYFRIENDS ASS AT SKATE RACING. WHICH IS REALLY WEIRD THE FACT I LEGIT LEARNED HOW TO SKATE HALF AN HOUR AGO." you said all in one breath.

you skate over to shawn and hugged him. he looked at you and said, "i was going easy on you. id rather be punished by you then devour all the muffins. all the buttery, huge ass muffins...." he winked.

you smile at him and make your way over the the pavement ready to leave. as soon as you got your warm cozy uggs back on, you spoke, "i honestly cannot wait to spend the next two weeks with you, shawny boy..." he kissed you on the cheek and started walking hand in hand, fingers intertwined.

"can we make a quick stop at tim hortons? i really want a muffin right now." shawn said quietly.

"ill pay for it. i was just kidding about the whole 'punish you for two whole weeks' thingy. you deserve it. you did teach me how to skate." you said.

"so youre not gonna do anything bad to me?" he asked with hope in his eyes. you look at him and laughed shaking your head no. "aw" was all that came out of shawns mouth.

"maybe next time, loves." you said in return. he smiles cheekily. and slowly walked to the coffee and donut shop cherishing every moment you have before this day ends.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

didnt wanna turn it into a smut because i wasnt ready😂hope you liked this one❤️