Arrested

(One week Later!)
"Vanessa, your boyfriend is on the phone." My sister Crystal said as she walked into my room.

I quickly got off my bed and sat at my desk. I picked up the phone.

"Hello." I answered. 

"Hey, we got into some trouble." I heard Eric quickly say.

"What do you mean trouble?" I quickly asked him.

"Man, they locked us up. The fucking cops told us we couldn't preform 'Fuck Tha Police'. So we did and now they locked us up." Eric explained.

"What the hell? Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I'm ight. I just wanted to let you know I was okay before you found out somewhere else. We should be getting out soon." Eric told me.

"Okay. You call me if anything. I miss you. Take care." I told him.

"I miss you too mama. Be careful." Eric said then hanged up the phone.

I sat there for another 5 minutes just thinking. Damn. I can't believe they got arrested in Detroit. I hope they're all okay. I was sitting there when I heard a knock. I turned around and saw my Dad at the doorway.

"Hey dad." I said as I looked at him.

"Vanessa your boyfriend is all over the TV right now. They got arrested." He said as he walked in.

"I know, he just called me." I told me.

"Vanessa I don't like this. He's a thug. He's no good for you and you know that." My dad said angrily.

I quickly stood up.

"Dad please. I'm happy. Can't you see that. I know the real Eric. We're happy. He's never treated me bad." I quickly said as I looked at him.

"He's just not good for you." He told me.

"I'm 20 years old. I'm old enough to know what's good and what isn't for me. I've never went against your wishes. It's time I start living my life." I said as I looked at him.

"I just don't want you getting hurt. So what if you're 20. You're young and dumb. You're blinded by love. I don't want you leaving school or dropping out because if you do that's when you're not allowed to stay in this house anymore." He said as he looked at me.

"You don't have to worry about me Dad. I'm not in love. I would never drop out of school. I just got my certificate. I'm learning to cut hair now. Everything is really good right now." I said as I looked down at my hands.

"I'm glad to hear that. I'm letting you see Eric and have a little more freedom but don't bite the hand that feeds you Vanessa. You will respect the rules in this house. I'm not going to loose another child." He said as he looked down.

"I've always respected the rules. You raised me to be like that. You don't have to worry about me. I promise." I said as I reached across and grabbed his hand.

My dad came over and gave me a hug.

"I love you mija." He said as he kissed my forehead.

"I love you too." I told him smiling.

My Dad gathered himself together again and left my room. I get that they're worried about me but I'm fine. Everything is perfect in my life. I have my family, career, car, friends and Eric. What more do I need?
______
A/N: so sorry for making this chapter really short and boring. I just wanted to add what Vanessa's father thought about everything.... In my next chapter there is going to be a little time jump of four months later. Hope you guys don't mind that but I'll upload that one today too :)
Thanks so much everyone!