The Dress

*4 Months Later!*
July 1990

(Vanessa's POV!)
"Oh my God look at you." My mother said with tears in her eyes as I stepped out in my wedding dress.

I was at my final fitting. Eric and I will be husband and wife next month. Things have been so great but stressful at the same time. We started planning just one week after we got engaged. Everyone was so happy for us. Eric went to go ask my father for his blessing and my entire family was so happy for us. It's amazing to think my Dad couldn't even look at Eric when we first started dating and now they're on good terms.

"Don't cry Mom." I told her smiling.

Today my mom, younger sister Crystal, Jeanine and Eric's mother Kathie came to my last fitting.

"Really, you look wonderful." Kathie told me smiling.

"Thank you." I told her.

I turned around to look at myself in the mirror. I couldn't believe this. It was all starting to sink in. I'm getting married...

"You look so gorgeous in that dress Vanessa." Jeanine told me with tears in her eyes.

Oh no. If everyone is going to start to cry, I am too.

"Don't cry!" I told them.

"It's just... Look at you! You're getting married at 21 and you look so grown up. I remember when you were a little girl. So shy. Look at you now." My mom said as she looked at me.

"Really Vanessa. That dress on you just looks perfect." My sister Crystal said.

The saleswomen came over and put my veil on. She grabbed my high heels and helped me put them on. Everything was perfect. I loved my dress so much.

It took me forever to find it. All the dresses have big poofs on the arms and I hated that. Mine has a little but it doesn't compare to the other ones. It had a long train with beautiful lace details. I fell in love with it right when I saw it.

"Well you're set Ms.Rodriguez. It looks very good." The saleswomen told me.

I nodded at her. Jeanine and Crystal had a camera and they were recording me. I turned around and smiled at the camera.

"Wave and tell Eric hi." Jeanine told me smiling.

I waved at the camera.

"Hi Eric! I love you." I said smiling.

I looked at myself in the mirror again and decided I was ready to go. I went into the dressing room with the saleswomen and she helped me out of my dress. She took it away to put it in a protective bag for me. I changed back into my clothes and went back with everyone else.

"Ready?" My mom asked me.

"As I'll ever be." I said smiling.

(Eazy's POV!)
"It looks real nice." Yella said as I looked into the mirror.

"You think Vanessa will let me get married in my thug clothes?" I asked them laughing.

"Fuck out of here!" Dre said laughing.

"I'm being serious! This is maybe a little too much." I said as I looked at myself in the mirror.

I had a really nice suit on. I wore black and white. I looked pretty good but I wasn't use to dressing like this. I'm willing to do this for Vanessa though. I've put a lot of my wishes aside for Vanessa's. I just wanted to get married in our backyard and have the ceremony too but Vanessa wanted to get married in church. So I agreed even though I don't feel to comfortable about it.

"Naw man, you look good." Ren told me breaking my train of thought.

"Yall niggas need to try yours on too." I quickly told them.

They grabbed their suits and walked into separate changing rooms. I waited like 8 minutes and they finally came out. We all looked good.

"Look we're Niggas with class now." Yella said laughing.

We all started to laugh. I decided to choose Andre as my Best man. He's my boy and he's the only one I would choose. Vanessa picked Jeanine to be her Maid of honor. Things are going by so quickly. I'm getting married next month which I can't believe. It's been real fucking stressful getting everything ready but Vanessa looks so damn happy.

"Well I guess we're good." I said as I stepped down.

We all went back to the fitting rooms and changed. Once we were done we got the suits and paid for them.

"You ready?" Dre asked me as we walked to the car.

"Yeah man." I quickly told him.

I dropped all the boys off at their houses. I went and headed to my house. I already had planned everything for after the wedding. Vanessa's always wanted to go to Hawaii so I'm surprising her and taking her there for our honeymoon. I also am looking into buying a new house in Calabasas. I'm really excited for everything.

I pulled up into the driveway behind Vanessa's car. I didn't expect her to be home already. I grabbed my suit and walked into the house.

"Babe!" I said as I walked through the living room.

"I'm in the bedroom!" I heard Vanessa say.

I quickly walked up the stairs but went into the guest bedroom to put my suit in the empty closet. When I opened it there was already a bag hanged in there. Oh shit, Vanessa's dress. At least the bag wasn't clear so I didn't see it. I quickly walked out of the room acting like I didn't do anything.

"Hey should I put my suit in here?" I asked Vanessa as I walked into the bedroom.

"Yeah, put it in the closet." She told me smiling.

She was laying on the bed reading a book. I went over and put my suit in the closet. I walked over to the bed and laid down with Vanessa.

"Babe, can I wear my thug clothes to the wedding?" I asked her smiling.

"No." She quickly said.

I started to laugh. I put my head on her chest and listened to her heartbeat.

"You ready?" I asked her.

"Yes, are you?" She quickly replied.

"Yeah. I am." I told her smiling.

I'm ready to marry the love of my life...