Diamonds

March 1990
(Eazy's POV!)
I looked at the ring. It was perfect. Very elegant like Vanessa. I knew she would love it. I decided I was going to propose to Vanessa. I never in my entire life pictured myself doing this shit. I sat down and thought about it. I tried to find a reason why not to marry Vanessa, and couldn't come up with any. I truly love her. She's different then any bitches I've been with. She's real and I love her. I sat on the couch of the studio and looked at it. Yella looked over me.

"No fucking way." He said smiling.

"What nigga?" I asked him.

"That's a fucking ring!" Yella said laughing.

"What?" Dre and Ren asked at the same time.

"Look at this nigga man! He got Vanessa a ring." Yella quickly told them.

"For real?" Dre quickly asked me.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Damn E. You ready for that? You want to get married?" Dre asked me.

"Well yeah. I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't want to." I quickly told him.

Dre got up and walked over to me.

"Well congratulations man. You deserve it. You know damn right Vanessa is the woman for you. She's stood by your dumb ass through everything." He said as he shook my hand.

I got up and Dre gave me a hug. Ren came over and did the same and then Yella did too.

"Damn! You're gonna get married!" Yella said laughing.

"Yeah Nigga I am! What's so funny?" I asked him with attitude.

"It's cus I've never seen yo ass like this. I never in a million years pictured you getting married." Yella told me.

"Shit neither did I." I quietly said.

"Naw, don't worry about it E. You and Vanessa love each other. Go for it man." Ren quickly told me.

It felt good to know my boys had my back. I can't wait to get home and ask Vanessa.

(Vanessa's POV!)
I was cleaning the house when I heard the doorbell ring. I went and checked who it was. Jeanine was waiting at the front door. I quickly opened it.

"Hey!" I said as I hugged her.

"Hey! Finally I come and see your new house." She told me smiling as she walked in.

I gave her a tour of the house and I could tell she loved it. We sat down on the couch and talked about everything.

"What's up with you and Ren?" I asked her.

"I don't know. We're on and off. I don't even think he likes me anymore." She sadly said.

"I'm pretty sure he does. You two just have to sit down and talk. Tell him straight up how you feel." I told her.

"I think I will. I'm just sitting here not knowing if I'm waisting my time or not with him. You and Eric are good right?" She said.

"Yeah we're good. Times going by fast. We've been together for almost two years now." I explained to her.

"Damn, where does time go? That's crazy. You didn't want to go to the pool party. Remember?" Jeanine said laughing.

"Yeah. I didn't want to go. Thanks to you I did and met Eric." I told her smiling.

We spent the next two hours just taking about life. It was getting late so Jeanine decided to head home. I walked her out. When she drove off I walked back into the house. I went out to the back yard and laid down on a tanning chair. I turned on the radio and just sat there listening to music. I heard the backdoor open. I looked up and there was Eric. I felt a smile go across my face.

"Hey babe." He said as he walked up to me and gave me a kiss.

He sat down by my feet and looked at me.

"How was your day?" I asked him smiling.

"Good. It was long but I'm home now with my beautiful girl." He said then leaned in for another kiss.

"What's gotten into you." I said smiling.

"Nothing. What, I can't show my girl how much I love her?" He said then laid down on the same chair as me. I thought we were going to fall down. He put his head on my chest.

I rolled one of his curls on my finger as I looked down at him. I felt him trying to get something out of his pocket. I looked out towards the pool and when I looked back at Eric he had a little box in front of me. He slowly stood up and grabbed my hand.

"Vanessa, you have no idea how much I fucking love you. We've been together for almost two years. We live together. You love my kids and you have no idea how happy that makes me. I want you not to be my girl, but my women for the rest of our lives." Eric said as he looked into my eyes and then got down on one knee.

Oh my God.

I already felt tears in my eyes. I can't believe he's doing this.

"Will you marry me?" He asked with a huge smile across his face.

"Yes. Yes I will." I said crying tears of joy.

Eric grabbed the beautiful ring and slowly put it on my ring finger. It was perfect. He got up and gave me a hug. I pulled away and gave him a slow passionate kiss.

"I love you so much Eric." I said when I pulled away.

I'm engaged. I'm going to marry the love of my life.