Family Forever

January 2015

(Vanessa's POV!)
"When's the premiere?" Erica asked me.

"Sometime in August I believe." I quickly told her.

"I have to start picking out my outfit then." Henree said laughing.

"Girl you got 7 months!" Sharon told her laughing.

I sat in the living room with all the kids. We were talking about the movie 'Straight Outta Compton'. Having the chance to produce that movie was one of the best things I did. I've gotten even closer to Cube and Dre. Even though I loved producing the movie it was very hard. The actor who plays Eric, Jason Mitchell looks so much like him and he portrayed him so well. Watching him act was like I was really watching Eric. I as a character did not come out in the film as much because I just didn't want to. When they were filming the part where we found out Eric was sick I wasn't there. I knew I wouldn't be strong enough.

I got much closer to the young men who played the boys. Cube's son was amazing as well. Corey was so good and I feel like he also portrayed Dre very well. I was very happy with the outcome of the movie.

All the kids were very involved. They would go with me on set and they got to connect with the actors and with Dre, Yella, Ren, and Cube. Throughout the process of the film I felt all the kids get closer as well. Daijah is very attached to Henree. Daijah looks up to all her big sisters and I love that. Dominick has always been kind of distant but I've noticed he's gotten closer to his brothers and sisters as well.

In 2 months it will be the 20th anniversary of Eric's death. I can't believe that 20 years have gone by so quickly. Eric would've been 50 right now.

Not much things have changed with me. I'm still helping out the kids with whatever they need. I was pretty busy with the movie but once we finished I have a lot more time on my hands. Let's just say I am a grandma now... Well kind of. Almost all the kids have children of their own except for Dominick, Daijah, Henree, Raven and Erin.

Now all the kids call me Ma. It's pretty amazing to hear that. I know damn well I can never take the place of their mother but just knowing the amount of love they have for me is amazing. I'm already 46 and I feel really old. Dominick is already 22 and Daijah is 19. They still live with me though which I'm happy about.

My family is doing great. They still live in Long Beach. My brother Chris and his wife Jessica have 3 kids. My brother Martin also got married and has a girl and boy. My little sister Crystal also got married and has 4 boys. My Mom and Dad are really happy they have so many Grandkids even though the youngest one is 9.

My life without Eric has been hard. Now I learned to deal with the pain. I can never ever say that I am over his death because I never will be. He was the love of my life and still is. In my head we're still married. I still wear my wedding ring to this day. I don't cry anymore to be honest. Like I've said, I've learned to live with the pain. It's been 19 years. That doesn't mean that I don't think about him. I think about him constantly but I continued my life and dedicated my life to his kids and his label.

I've dealt with a lot of drama. I still have a lot of problems with Erin and Tracy. I just give them space. I've seen things that Erin says about me on social media and I put no mind to it. She can say what she wants. Just a month ago all the kids got into a fight with her and they still aren't talking to her. All the kids defend me so much but I know it's Tracy putting horrible things in her head. If Erin would just come and tell me what she feels I would try to make things better but all she does is talk crap all over social media.

I sat there thinking about everything. I was lost in my own thoughts.

"Mom? You okay?" Daijah asked me as she walked up to me.