A New Year

January 1990
(Vanessa's POV!)
"Cube you're making a fucking mistake. We've all done shit, right? Jerry is just doing his job!" I heard Eric yell downstairs.

I walked downstairs and saw all the guys sitting in the living room. Everyone looked really tense and you could feel it in the room.

"Jerry is only looking out for himself E! He don't give a shit about us. He's fucking taking shit from you too!" Cube yelled at Eric.

"You don't know shit!" Eric quickly yelled back.

"Whatever man. I'm fucking out. I rather be doing my own shit then have someone take something that's mine." Cube said as quickly walked out the front door.

Shit. Stuff just got serious.

"Fuck!" Eric screamed as he sat down.

"Don't even fucking worry about that nigga. We got this shit E." Ren quickly told him.

"Eazy, we good." Dre told him.

Eric just sit back and stared at the ceiling.

"Just give me some time to myself." Eric quietly told them.

They all slowly got up. They looked over at me. All I did was give them a small smile and nodded at them. They headed for the front door and left. I walked over to Eric and sat down next to him.

"Babe. It's okay." I said as I grabbed his hand.

"Naw, it's not. Cube was fucking good. We were suppose to stay together. All five of us." Eric said as he looked down at the floor.

"Things change." I quietly told him.

"Fuck. I knew this shit was going to happen." He quickly said.

"I don't know what to tell you Eric." I said as I looked at him.

"I just need time. Time to think." He told me.

"Okay. I'll give you time. I was going to go visit my parents. I guess I'll see you later." I told him as I stood up.

I grabbed my purse and car keys. I walked over to Eric and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"Love you." I told him.

"Love you too." He quickly replied.

I walked out the front door. I walked to my car and got in. I drove to my house. Soon I was there. I pulled up into the driveway. My brother Chris was sitting on the front steps. I got out and walked towards him.

"Hey! What are you doing?" I asked as I went up to him and hugged him.

"Hey Van. I'm just here bored." He told me.

"Man go out. Ask a girl out." I told him smiling.

"I have a girlfriend. She's out of town though so I'm bored here." He quickly told me.

"Oh really? What's her name?" I asked him.

"Jessica." He told me smiling.

"Well I hope to meet her soon. Is Ma and Pa home?" I told him.

"Yeah, they're all inside." He told me.

I walked up to the door and quietly opened it. I walked in and saw my Dad watching tv.

"Hey Pops." I told him smiling.

He quickly got up and hugged me.

"How are you mija?" He asked me.

"Great." I told him.

My mom heard me so she walked into the living room.

"Vanessa, I'm glad you came! I made you're favorite meal today." She told me then came over and hugged me.

"Ohh sounds good. No wonder I smelled something good outside." I told her smiling.

My brother Martin came to give me a hug then my sister Crystal came and did the same thing.

"Where's Eric?" My dad asked me.

"Um, he's at home. He didn't feel so well." I told them.

They didn't really ask me much about it. I stayed at my parents house for another 2 hours. Jeanine came over to see me too which was nice. I enjoyed being with my family. I walked into my old bedroom and saw everything was just how I left it. I kind of missed this room. When it was 8pm I finally decided to go home. Eric was probably home alone. I said bye to everyone and headed out. It wasn't long before I got to the house.

"Eric? Babe?" I said as I walked through the front door.

"Vanessa!" I heard him say.

I followed his voice up to his office. He was sitting down with a 40 in his hand. I could tell he was really drunk.

"Baby, you're here." He slurred.

"Eric, why are you drunk?" I asked him.

"Because I wanted to drink. What I can't even fucking drink now? I just wanted to forget about everything babe." He slowly told me.

"Come on. Let me help you get in bed." I told him as I walked over to him.

He slowly got up. I put one of his arms around me. At least his office was just across from our bedroom. I gently laid him on the bed. I started taking off his shoes and his hat.

"I love you Vanessa." He slurred.

"I love you too Eric. Go to sleep." I quietly told him.

He rolled over and stayed calm. He soon fell asleep. I walked downstairs and sat on the couch. He was so stressed he had to drink to get his mind off things. I can tell when he's worried about things. I hope everything works out.