One

Darien stared at his half-full suitcase on the bed in his little room. He took in a deep breath as he looked around at the now empty walls that had originally been covered in movie posters and beautifully framed photographs. He had lived in this little apartment in Florida for only two years, ever since he first turned 18, but he still loved the comfortable feeling of home. He was 20 now, and he was setting himself on a path for new beginnings. He was going across the country to California to pursue his dream of becoming an actor. Recently accepted into a Preforming Arts academy, he didn't hesitate to pack his bags.

Why wouldn't he? The school even provided him with a plane ticket and a few days to move in before starting up his classes. They also sent a schedule and a map of the campus. It would be wrong to turn them down.

Darien filled up the rest of his suitcase with his clothes. He didn't have that many in the first place. Jeans and plain t-shirts made up most of his apparel, and even though it was very plain, he liked it. Along with his suitcase, he had two other bags filled with personal belongings such as books, movies, and photos. A third bag held his toiletries and other small things.

Little worrisome thoughts went through Darien's head. He had secrets, and many of them. During his mother's pregnancy, she had an accident dealing with radioactivity, and he took the fall for it instead of her.

Maybe it wasn't exactly a "fall". Hell, he was born with super strength and speed along with the ability to fly and draw energy to and then from his palms in the form of electric waves. He called himself the Blue Warrior. He was a real life super hero, and he actually acted upon that fact. In fact, there was plenty of crime going on in L.A. to take care of. He had recently read about a real life villain tearing the place apart every now and then. He was called the Phantom, probably because of his abilities to fly, and use things such as invisibility and telekinesis. Darien wanted to meet this villain face to face.

The last thing he packed was his costume, in order to hide his identity from the rest of the world. He loved helping other people, but a blessing like this would ruin his chance at having a dream come true, and even just living a normal life.

The text alert on his phone went off with a new notification. His ex-boyfriend's name, Teagan, went across the banner of his phone with the message "I'm outside in the car!" printed underneath. Although they had broken up, they were still close friends. Darien smiled and texted back, "I'll be out in just a second."

Tegan was driving Darien to the airport that morning. Darien looked around at his empty room one last time before grabbing his things and heading out the door. Teagan flashed a smile at him, so he gave one back, and climbed into the passenger seat after filling the trunk with his bags.

Teagan looked him up and down and asked in a teasing manner, "you're awfully adorable, are you trying to seduce the authorities there?"

A blush warmed up along Darien's cheeks. He looked down at his outfit, which was just some nice jeans, a snug-fitting, purple crew neck shirt and some black and white mid-rise Converse. He was actually an extremely attractive person, he was just too insecure to let himself realize the fact.

He was kinda short for his age, reaching only six feet tall. He was very slim, but weighed 170 pounds due to muscle mass. He had really nice arm muscles and the classic six-pack. Despite the muscular menace look, he was actually adorable. He had big, brown eyes that looked like they held the horizon in them, with eyelashes a little longer than the average man's. His cinnamon hair curled up from his forehead in a lovely quiff. His tan skin was smooth and silky with little freckles dotted along the bridge of his nose and both cheeks. He created little dimples with every smile.