Thirteen

"Seth, was it? I'm Andy! Happy to make your acquaintance," he said and smiled genuinely. Seth just stood there, blinking in silence before walking slowly over to his bed and putting his bag down.

"Hello, Andy," he finally said, quietly. He sat down and kicked his shoes off his feet, then moved to turn his video games on.

"He's just being a little shy," Darien said quietly. Andy smiled at him and they resumed to their previous conversation.

"So, this is why I choose this Kart and these wheels, because you get more traction on these areas but you're small enough to-" Andy said, but the voice in Seth's head began to talk louder than Andy. Why was he here? How did Darien know him? Why was he so kind and nice and why did he have to meet Darien out of all people?

The following hour was the longest hour of Seth's life. Andy giggled with his roommate for a full 60 minutes, talking and smiling and becoming closer by the second. Seth tried his best to ignore and forget he was there, but he was incredibly kind and tried to include Seth in every conversation. Darien encouraged it too, and he couldn't help but listen to him. He was a sucker for Darien.

"Ah, Darien, I really should get going. I have an exam tomorrow and I should study bit more before then," Andy said.

"Awh, what? Are you sure?" Darien pouted.

"Yeah, but, if you'd like, I could come back tomorrow!" Andy said and smiled.

Tomorrow? Seth thought.

"Yes! That would be great! We could play again," Darien said sweetly.

Darien and Andy got off the bed and moved towards the door. Andy pulled Darien into a big, warm hug. Seth pretended not to watch.

"Goodbye Seth! It was nice meeting you!" Andy said and finally left the dorm room. Darien locked the door behind him and flopped down onto his bed, smiling.

"So, what do you think Seth? Do you like him?" Darien asked.

"Well, he's friendly," Seth said, a tad of annoyance in his voice. "A little too friendly."

"Awh, he's just trying to make a good impression. I think it's cute!" Darien said and giggled when Seth rolled his eyes in response.

"I think his kindness is suspicious. No one is that nice, are they?" Seth accused.

"Oh, Seth, don't be a downer," Darien said and sighed. Seth just sat there staring at his video game.

"I'm sorry, Darien."

"It's okay, Seth. Remember when you didn't like me? You'll grow to like him, too!"

"I never said I liked you, dork."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever," Darien said and smiled.

***

After that night, Andy came around a LOT, and Darien took quite a liking for him. He endlessly awaited his next encounter with Andy, and he found himself to always be in a happy mood. Everything was moving very quickly, as the two boys grew close and personal in the matter of days. They were almost inseparable.

"So, Darien," Andy said quietly as the two walked down the hallway together.

"What's up?" Darien asked, his curiosity peaked.

"I was wondering," the blondie said, his face getting a little red as he scratched the back of his head. "Would you allow me to take you on a date tomorrow night?"