Thirty

Everything was going according to plan, The Phantom had rounded up just a few lowly criminals to help him do the job with the help of Z. He grinned evilly under his mask, his blood began to pump, adrenaline racing up and down his body. It was so much, his hands started to tingle. It had been forever since he had tasted devastation; it was like the finest dessert the world had to offer, and it was sweet.

Getting into the daycare was going to be quick and easy. The help was going to cause a commotion to grab the attention of people which will eventually lead to police and reporters on the scene. The Warrior should be drawn out by just that much, and when that happens, the Phantom himself can hold his hostage. He wanted this interaction to be face to face. He'd get exactly what he wanted, then.

He readied himself, hiding in the shadows, firing up a voice modulator in his mask, slowly turning himself invisible. He awaited his cue, not a single noise escaping from him. It took some time for the help to come up with a plan, (they weren't very smart), but eventually they pulled through, smashing the glass window pane next to the door of the day care. Children and caregivers began to scream.

The Phantom smiled like the devil himself, his lips curling upwards. It was charming and ugly. He darted into the day care, remaining invisible and staying out of the way of any person in order to keep from being detected right away. People were beginning to escape, evacuating the building. Chaos reined. The caregivers attempted to get away from the lowly criminals by throwing chairs, flipping desks, anything they could do. A little girl, no more than four years old tried to run, but Seth snatched her, holding his hand to her mouth so she couldn't scream. He pulled her back in a room where there was no commotion.

Seth's help evacuated as well, running from police sirens that weren't so distant. Everything happened in a flash, leaving the poor daycare in a nearly empty ruins. A mother cried outside the scene that her little girl was missing, and like magic, he finally showed up. The Warrior stood by her side, holding her hands and promising her that he'd get her daughter to safety.

Darien looked towards the door, knowing all too well that he couldn't use violence to solve this. There was a child in there, and that child was his number one priority. He let a little breath of air out of his lungs before making his way into the building, looking around at the mess inside. Papers covered the floor, desks were over turned. There was no such thing as a clear walkway. The place looked abandoned, but Darien knew better.

"Show yourself, Phantom. Don't be a coward," the Warrior said.

"We meet again, my friend," The Phantom said, gripping the little girl by her wrist. She was crying, and whining as he pulled her along.

"I must say, a little stunt like this doesn't surprise me, but a child? Why a child?" Darien asked.

"I knew you'd show up. I'd like to make a deal with you. Your identity in exchange for this girl," Seth said, grinning under his mask.

"Yeah, that's not going to be happening. I'm going to get the girl without giving you what you want, alright?" Darien said.

"Ha! So be it," Seth said, tightening his grip on the girl just enough to make her whine some more before loosening it again.

Darien got down on one knee just to meet the little girl at eye level. He did his best to stay calm, and to get her to calm down as well. He was help, and he was going to get her out of there.

"Hello, there," Darien said softly. "I'm here to help you. What's your name?"

The little girl sniffled a few times before quietly saying, "Paisley."

"Paisley, huh? It's nice to meet you. You can call me Blue," Darien said. The little girl nodded, her sniffling remained. "How old are you, Paisley?"