Twenty One

Her eyes fluttered open gently, and she squinted as the light from the window seeped through the blinds. She slowly began to recognize and remember her surroundings as she realized she was still snuggled into Seth. She watched his chest rise and fall with heavy breaths as he snoozed in, not once phased by the light of the morning. Careful not to wake him, she gently sat up and slid off the bed, her bare feet hitting the floor. She put on an over-sized cardigan over her tank top and shorts before slipping on some shoes to head to the bathroom.

She opened the door to find the place empty, happily realizing she could hog the whole locker room to herself. She undressed out in the open, slowly peeling off each article of clothing and setting them neatly on a bench beside the shower of her choice. She stepped inside and started up her water, as hot as her skin could stand. She waited briefly for the temperature to perfect itself before stepping into the glorious cascade that was a morning cleansing.

Her red hair darkened as it began to soak, turning brunette and growing heavier with the weight of the water. She began to lather up, washing her strawberry locks with delicate suds, allowing them to trickle down her incredible figure. She was gorgeous. She didn't really know it, either. She was never a "girly girl" or a prep, never the type to focus on boys, always the kind of girl to chase success and live care free. She was messy, clumsy, a total pushover, but somehow so gentle, kind, determined, and irresistible.

She finished up her shower, shut off the water and dried off, wrapping one towel around her body and another around her hair. She grabbed her clothes and slipped her flip flops on before scurrying down the hallway in her towels, opening the door to Seth's room and dashed inside. She closed the door quietly behind her, barely making a sound, when she heard a voice from the bed.

"Wow," Seth mumbled groggily. "If I were into chicks, I'm sure I'd be all over you."

"Haha, very funny, Seth," Caroline said and rolled her eyes, smiling. She walked over to her little bag of things that she had brought with her yesterday afternoon, searching for her clean clothes. She started to let the towel slip from her body.

"Wait, you're just going to change in front of me?" Seth asked, his eyes widened.

"You're gay, aren't you?" Caroline asked.

"I don't know anymore," Seth said jokingly and chuckled.

"I wouldn't care even if you weren't, dummy. You're my best friend."

Seth smiled at her and turned away to let her get dressed out of respect. He wasn't into ladies that way and he didn't want to feel weird by disrespecting his friend, despite her insane beauty.

"You should come around more often," he finally said.

"You think so?"

"Yeah, your company is amazing. I feel so happy around you, Caroline."

"That's sweet of you to say! Of course I'll be around."

"Ugh, I don't even want to leave you today. We have to go to classes though, don't we?"

"Yeah.. yeah, we do."

"Caroline?"

"Yes, Seth?"

"Will you help me look my best today? In case... I see him?"

Caroline's face brightened with the biggest, most mischievous smile she had ever smiled.

"You got it."

Seth turned around to look at his friend now that she was dressed. She was rummaging through his closet, trying to find something cute for him to wear.