Two

"This is your room," said Dean Williams as he unlocked room 1210. He handed Darien the keys and stepped inside with him. The place was a wreck.

There were two beds, one of which was covered in old snack bags and wrappers, textbooks, dirty laundry and even some chargers and headphones. The other bed was clean, but the sheets were messed up, as if someone had just rolled out of bed.

"Your roommate is.. uh.. usually much cleaner than this. I'll have a chat with him next time I see him. I hope you'll at least be comfortable once it's cleaned up, yes?" Dean Williams said with a joyful smile.

"I'm sure it'll be very nice, thank you," Darien replied.

"If you need anything, give me a call. Oh, and by the way, your roommate's name is Seth. Try to get along. Your classes start up on Monday. You have one day to relax, Mr. Malloy! My expectations still stand," the Dean said.

"Of course, sir. Have a nice night."

"And the same unto you."

Darien sat down on the corner of the somewhat cleaner bed and sighed. He wondered if he should unpack his things, but he didn't want to risk losing his stuff with his apparently messy roommate's.

To: Teagan: "Well, I'm here. I haven't even met my room mate yet and I know he's a slob. There's shit everywhere."

From: Teagan: "Oh my god, you must be going insane. I'd hate it there."

To: Teagan: "I just hope it isn't like this all the time."

From: Teagan: "Chin up, Love! It'll be fine. I gotta go, time for dinner! :)"

To: Teagan: "Eat up, I'll talk to you later xx"

Darien looked up quickly as he heard the door swing open.

"Who the hell are you?" asked the unfamiliar character.

"My name is Darien. I'm your roommate, and you are?" Darien asked.

"Hello Darien, I'm wondering why you're on my god damned bed," he said.

"I'm sorry, I thought the other bed was yours."

"It is. They're both my beds."

"What? Well, where do you expect me to sleep?"

"You can have the floor. It's comfy enough," he said with a careless expression. Darien just stared at him with a look of dislike, but he got off his bed anyway. He was never one to pick a fight. Not only that, but it was late, and he wanted to sleep.

"You don't have to be so rude," he said quietly.

"If you don't like it, you can sleep in the hallway," the boy said.

Darien just let out a frustrated huff of air as he moved to an open spot on the floor. He watched the boy crawl into his bed and fluff up his pillow.

This boy was really pale, but he was a lot taller than Darien, maybe by five inches. He had dark hair and bright blue eyes, along with very visible arm muscles. He was actually quite attractive for someone who was a complete asshole.

Darien curled up on the floor, awfully cold, but he didn't even bother asking for a blanket. He pulled a big hoodie out of his suitcase and used it as a pillow instead of wearing it. He'd survive a night before he could go and buy a blanket.

"Can I at least know what your name is?" he asked.

The tired boy sighed and said, "it's Seth. Can you go to bed now?"

"Sorry," Darien said. He rolled on his tummy and tried his best to get some sleep. He tossed and turned and shivered throughout most of the night while Seth was wrapped up in his bed. He sighed and moved closer to the heater in efforts to warm up a little.