Fifteen

The Phantom raised his hands over his head, tossing a car across the street and into a nearby building. He was conjuring up his storm again, under instruction of Z, attempting to lure the boy in blue. Driven by madness over his roommate and his new boyfriend, he put passion in his punches. Screams filled the streets yet again, the rain picking up harder and faster, flooding the roads and sidewalks. It was much worse than the storm he had created weeks before.

Where are you? Seth thought, expecting the arrival of his little friend. Just like magic, as if the boy in blue were waiting for a perfect entrance, he appeared in the fog.

"Good evenin'! Isn't it a lovely day?" Darien asked.

"Who are you, smartass? We've met before, but I didn't quite catch your name," Seth snarled.

"My fans call me the Blue Warrior. I'll allow you to do the same," Darien smirked.

"I told you that I'm dangerous. I told you that you should stay away. You're a fool! You're not a hero!"

"I'll make you eat those words."

Darien began to focus his energy into his palms again, little sparks of electricity building up in them. Although, the Phantom wasn't taking it this time. He immediately faded into invisibility, creeping around the street. Darien stopped his power and looked around cautiously. Suddenly, he couldn't breathe.

The Phantom faded back in, his hand around Darien's neck and squeezing it tightly, lifting him up with just his arm. Darien gripped his enemy's wrist and struggled, trying his hardest to pull him off. Seth waited until his victim stopped struggling in exhaustion, finally letting go and dropping him to the ground.

"Don't you see, little warrior?" Seth laughed. "I could kill you in an instant. You are no match for me or my powers."

"You're no mastermind," Darien choked. "You're a cheater." Seth howled with laughter.

"A cheater?! What is this? A kickball game on the ol' playground? No! This is much, much worse. This is life or death. I hurt people, Warrior. I'll hurt you too," he threatened, and for whatever reason, he found Andy stuck in his head, taunting him, making his anger worse.

"I will hurt you too, just like everyone else. I will show you what it's like to feel pain. I can tear you limb from limb and you literally would not see me coming, and that is the beauty of my invisibility. You'll wish you were never born when I'm through with you. You'll regret messing with me."

Darien finally caught his breath, smiled, and said, "bring it on."

Like a child having a temper tantrum, Seth immediately began hurling everything in sight towards the boy. Cars, streetlights and signs, chunks of nearby buildings, pavement; anything that he could control with his mind. The Blue Warrior dodged most of them, only getting mildly hit or knocked off balance.

It was a dance, really. Seth would take steps and then Darien, tossing and twirling objects and leaping over them, the thunder roaring overhead keeping the beat.

Darien conjured up his electricity and used it to fire an incoming car back at Seth, hitting him so hard it knocked him to the ground. He had the wind slammed out of him, gasping for breath. The storm slowed.

"Give up, yet?" Darien said, walking over to the villain and standing over him.

"We don't give up that easily," another voice said. Darien looked over in the general direction of the speaker. A man in a black trench coat and wide brimmed hat stood a few feet away. He had a mask as well, a plain black Halloween mask that covered the entire face. It was creepier than anything he had ever seen.