Twenty

"You're here so soon, Dear. I can't believe how quickly you've healed. It's like magic," Andy said, gently wrapping his arms around his boyfriend. Darien fell into the hug, feeling so relieved and happy and safe.

"I know, it's really hard to believe, isn't it?" Darien said and smiled, taking in Andy's scent.

"Just make sure you take your medication on time, every single day!"

"I will, Andy. You worry too much."

"I worry about YOU. Not much else, you goofball. Now, I hope you didn't think we were staying here, because we're going out again."

"Out? Where?"

"Don't you remember those campus apartments I told you about? It was really easy to make arrangements to get us one of those. You and I are going to start the move in this evening! Not too much, just what you have with you now and a few of my things too. It'll be slow. I want you to see the place!" Andy said with a smile.

"Oh, Andy! This is so exciting!"

"The apartments are the best living quarters you can get here. Don't worry about cost either, your scholarships pretty much covered the whole thing. The rest was covered by mine. Free living space, it doesn't get much better than that."

Darien's eyes lit up with joy. He wrapped his arms around Andy's neck and kissed his lips sweetly, letting it linger for a moment or two before pulling away with a big smile on his face. Andy smiled back and leaned down to peck his forehead, finally taking his hand.

"So, are you ready to see your new home?"

"Yes! Yes, a thousand times yes!" Darien exclaimed, jumping up and down like a little kid.

"Let's go then. Grab your bag," Andy said. He waited for Darien to collect his things before taking his hand and leading him out the door and to the building's exit. The walk to the apartment was brief, only a few extra minutes added to Darien's normal walk. They passed one of the beautiful fountains and the big clock tower on the way there, and Andy smiled as he watched Darien ooh and ahh at them. When they finally reached the apartment building, Andy opened the door to allow Darien to step inside.

"We've got the top floor," Andy explained, leading him up the stairwell. He pulled a key from his pocket and began unlocking the first door on the left while Darien watched in excitement. The door popped open and Andy went inside, holding the door once again.

Darien entered the spacious apartment, his eyes darting all around the area. The door led into the kitchen area first, complete with refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher. The floor had the stereotypical black and white checkered tile, stretching all the way to the living room, where the floor switches to a soft, white carpet. Andy had already moved a couch, TV, TV stand and coffee table into the area. Next to the living room was a small dining area, complete with a mahogany table and four chairs.

Down the hallway next to the living room was the bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom was large, with a big jacuzzi-like tub and two sinks, along with a stand-in shower and the toilet set in a convenient spot away from the door.

"How is this even available on campus?!" Darien exclaimed.

"I may have renovated a bit," Andy smirked. "Come here."

Andy led him into the bedroom. There was a big, mahogany dresser and a bed with a big frame to match. Other than that, the room was pretty bare other than a lamp or two. A few feet away from the bed was the walk-in closet with more than enough room for the two of them.

"This is amazing, Andy! I can't believe I get to live here!" Darien exclaimed.

"Oh, but you do, my love. Now, settle in and relax while I make you dinner," Andy instructed.