Chapter One:A surprise Attack?

"Life is a journey and the road has twists and turns which sometimes lead us to unexpected places and unexpected people. But in turn it leads us to our destination."

-Igwe Daniel Kelechi
******************************

Alex's POV

This cannot be happening!

I groaned out loud, tired and worried as the sirens blasted through the pack lands of Midnight Moon Pack.

Shit!

I couldn't help but mutter as I searched everywhere for Selene and Selena, my younger sisters who so happen to be twins. We had been playing hide and seek a while ago- me seeking while they hid but then out of the blue the sirens just started blaring and chaos erupted throughout the pack grounds.

In Midnight Moon, the sirens only blared when there was an attack on the pack and the she wolves, children, aged and disabled had to seek shelter in the underground tunnels which had been turned into a safe haven for when there's an attack.

Pushing my hair out of my face, I tried calming down my racing heart and took a long sniff of my surroundings to try and locate the twins and take us to the safety of the tunnels.

I looked around as I run, hearing snippets of conversations all round.

"He's here."

"Who could possibly be attacking us at this time?"

"Oh sweet Goddess, protect us from him!"

I couldn't make sense of who exactly was here but that wasn't my priority at the moment. I had to my kid sisters and then get to safety. It was already bad that I was going in the opposite direction of where the entrances of the tunnels were.

"-on! Who else attacks in the night when all is dark and quiet?" The wind carried the question towards me and momentarily I froze in my steps as I finally understood who it was everyone seemed to be talking about.

This only brought me to a realization and one realization only.

The stories were all true!

The stories whispered at night about a pack, or rather an alpha who only attacked his enemies at night.

The stories that spoke of a fierce and indestructible black wolf that took pleasure in inflicting pain on people only when the sun had gone to rest and the night had fallen- staining the tranquility that came with the night.

"Alex, get to the tunnels NOW! Your sisters are already here." Mum's voice said in my head and I quickly did as told. By then almost everyone that had to be secured in the tunnel was, and the warriors had already started fighting off the warriors of Bloodhound Pack.

The gates of the tunnels closed soon after I entered and I let out a sigh of relief, making my way inside to greet everyone. I couldn't believe that which was told about that alpha was all true; I mean the evidence was just right outside the walls of the tunnel- about a mile or so away.

1. He is here in our pack

2. It is past midnight.

3. He is attacking our pack.

And who was this mysterious alpha who only struck in the dark when almost everything and everyone was at rest?

None other than Alpha Nicolai Sharpe of Bloodhound Pack.

In the distance even though the sounds were muffled, I could still hear the growls and tearing of flesh coming from the battle ground due to the enhanced hearing bestowed to us.