Chapter Six:A Tour Of My Would Be Pack

"Life is beautiful not because of the things we see or do. Life is beautiful because of the people we meet."

-Simon Sinek

***********************

Alex's POV

All I ever did in this Goddess forsaken house was sleep, wake up, bath, eat, watch TV, play games then the cycle would repeat itself over and over again. I was fed up. I felt claustrophobic in this gigantic house all alone, all day long.

Nicolai had appointed two guards to babysit me and even though I told him I was not a baby he wouldn't hear a word of it. I said the same thing to the guards and told them they were free to go but they outright refused and told me it was against the Alpha's orders.

The sun was fully up in the sky and the day was lovely. The weather wasn't too hot that it was unbearable. I changed from my pajamas into a loose shirt and shorts with flats and stepped out of the pack house.

As soon as I stepped out the two guards rushed to me and even before they could lecture me, I raised my hands to silence them

"Yeah, yeah, I know the 'Alpha' said not to let me out, let alone out of your sight." they just stood there looking at me.

"I just want to go for a walk around the pack and you can come with me" I said smiling. They glanced at each other before one of them nodded his approval...

"Thanks" I squealed. Two freaking weeks I have been locked in that house! All because I was supposed to rest and not stress myself. I was bored out of my mind and any extra day I would have spent in the house without going out would have definitely rendered me crazy.

We walked in awkward silence before I cleared my throat.

"Um...I never got your names"

"I am Aiden Clarke and he is Travis Coleman" The one who nodded was Travis. Aiden had dirty blond hair and his dimples showed when he spoke.

Travis had black hair which looked like the only comb that had passed through it this morning was his fingers.

" Yours? "Travis asked.

"Alexandria but it's Alex"

We walked pass many people who bowed their heads when we walked pass and I did not understand because I knew for a fact that Nicolai had not told anyone, maybe apart from his beta that I was his mate.

Turning to the guards, I asked them the question on my mind.

"Travis here is the sub-beta"

"That explains it" We walked first to the pack hospital. It reminded me of the one at Midnight Moon and I just had to go in. I loved helping and maybe I could get to help with something.

I walked in and the smell of antiseptic and chemicals welcomed me. Some people hated the smell of hospitals but I didnt mind the smell at all. Maybe it was because I had been exposed to it for practically my whole life since I started training to take over from my mum as pack doctor at a very young age.

Aiden and Travis remained close behind me not questioning my entering here. Only a few people were here and that was good right? We walked to the end of the hallway into the doctors office and fortunately for me, he was there, on the phone.

"Wait here" I said to the guys and went in alone. I knocked on the door and Dr. Kent asked me to come in. He finished with his phone call and focused his full attention on me.

"How may I help you Alexandria?" He offered me a seat.

"Alex" I muttered.

"Excuse me?"