Chapter Thirty-Seven: Curses

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep."

-E. W. Howe
***************************************

Alex's POV

One month later...

The past month had been pretty filled. Things were turning out right between my parents and myself. We'd spoken and caught up on everything in each others lives. Theyd continually apologized for their actions in the past and I was quick to tell them I had forgiven them and didn't hold anything against them but they didn't fully believe me yet.

Life with Nicolai was blissful. He was the most attentive and loving I have ever seen him. He tended to my every need and made sure that he made it home early so he could spend time with me though he had resumed work and was usually tired by the time he came back home.

He would also send me these short messages during the day that just warmed my heart. I was just so content with my life right now and I doubt anything could come and destroy this beautiful life I have here in Bloodhound Pack.

I have met more of the pack members upon returning from my honeymoon. I was also actively participating in pack activities and as the mother of all the she wolves, I generally saw to it that all the women and their families were doing well. One would think it was an easy enough job but trust me there was more to it than meets the eye.

Just last week some teenage girls had turned sixteen and had their first shifts. I had to be there. Prior to that there was a ball that was organized to celebrate the wolves that had turned eighteen. Some met their mates and as Luna I had to know who was whose mate and offer any assistance to them and also ensure that the girls were okay with their mates.

Granted, my job description wasn't as tedious as Nicolais but it was still strenuous and tiring. I spent time with the twins too. They had just grown so much. Looking beautiful as always and saying things that made my jaw drop.

I could remember one time we were having a girls night and then the girls did something to shock me.

Flashback...
I was currently in the twins room. We had agreed on having a slumber party of the sorts and were just hanging out and chilling. We had even built a fort and we were all huddled close together, watching Frozen 2 on a laptop.

The girls sang along and not wanting to miss out on the fun I also decided to sing along but only to one particular song- Into the unknown. That song just raised my spirits to a whole different level.

Whenever it reached the chorus Selene, Selena and I sang at the top of our lungs. I was certain we were disturbing the members of the pack house but we seriously didnt care at the moment. We were having so much fun. Soon, the movie ended and we proceeded to discussing random topics.

"Alex, have you and Nicolai already completed the mating process?" Selena, the younger of the two inquired. I only just dropped my jaws. I was shocked and I must tell you that at that moment I saw my younger sisters in a whole new light. It was truly eye opening.

"What do you mean by have they completed it? Of course they have. They just got back from their honeymoon." Selene, who seemed to be well informed about the subject answered her sister. I couldn't help but laugh. How had these little ones even heard about the mating process?

I promise these days children hear more about sex earlier than we did when we were children.

"How do you girls even know about the mating process?" I asked, genuinely interested.