Chapter Twenty-Nine: Message

"Behind every beautiful thing, theres some kind of pain."

-Bob Dylan

*************************************

Alex's POV

These past weeks have been the best weeks of my life since I had to leave my family and all that I knew and had, to come to stay here in Bloodhound Pack. I had loathed the idea of having to leave my family but I had come to accept it as my fate because the Moon Goddess knew best.

She knew why she made Nicolai and I soulmates and why everything had to unfold how they had. Granted, I had come to accept that I was going to spend the rest of my life in my mates pack, alongside him as Luna but that doesn't mean that I had been happy to stay here at the beginning.

Quite on the contrary, I had despised the idea, more so when it was pretty obvious Nicolai didn't trust me to go outside the pack house on my own and had assigned Travis and Aiden to be my personal bodyguards.

But now, everything had changed. The dynamics of our relationship had changed for the better. We were more comfortable around each other. Nicolai trusted me much more now but that didn't mean that he allowed me go anywhere on my own. He was scared something bad would happen to me or worst, someone else would decide to kidnap me again.

Though I wasn't so happy about it, I was understanding and let Nicolai have his way. I didnt want to worry him too much than he already was.

So this is why I say these past weeks have been the best in my life. Nicolai was sweet.

Like seriously.

If anyone had told me that my mate had some modicum of affection or softness in him I would have called bullshit; but here I was now testifying to it myself.

Nicolai was being the best boyfriend that anyone could ask for. He attended to me, spoke to me and made sure everything was going well with me. He even made it a point to come back home early so that we could spend more time together and get to know each other better.

What even made me fall more for him was the fact that he was willing to take things slow and make them unfold naturally though we were mates and I had already been marked by him.

We hadn't said the L-word or anything but I could feel our fondness and affection towards each other growing day by day. Our mate pull and mate bond had also become stronger.

"DRIA!" speak of the devil and he shall appear.

"NICH" I shouted back because.

Why not?

"Hey, up for tonight?" Nicolai asked as he entered our room. Oh did I forget to say, Nicolai and I have been roomies since we spent the night together in one bed.

"Yes I am. Wouldn't want to miss it for anything." I responded excitedly as Nicolai made his way towards me on our bed.

"I missed you." he whispered just as he brought his lips down to claim mine. I responded almost immediately. I had become accustomed to the feeling of his lips on mine. His kisses never failed to make me feel. And during these few weeks of dating I have come to realize things about myself that I didn't know prior to dating Nicolai.

I had come to see myself in a more positive light as Nicolai makes me feel secure and makes my insecurities seem ridiculous. I have also come to realize that I also like to receive attention and affection from Nicolai. I loved cuddling and just generally spending time with him. I had never visualized myself as a needy person but I guess life had a way of teaching us things every once in a while.

"Better get up so we can get going. We wouldn't want to get lost in doing other activities" cue wiggling of eyebrows.

"Sure thing Nich." We got up from the bed and made our way out of the room and the pack house. Nicolai had made it some kind of rule that we always had Friday nights to ourselves, doing whatever we wanted to do.

Today, Nicolai and I were going to the cottage in the woods; same cottage in which I met Avery Sparks (the girl I had met some months ago and who had told me she was the one who kept Nicolais bed warm at night).

He had even told me about what happened between him and Avery. It was painful and a bit hard to absorb but I did understand him. He had been in a very dark place at the time and was drinking himself to stupor when a young lady had approached him. They had conversed and enjoyed each others company. They found themselves in a room and things became heated. One thing led to other and that was how they had become mixed up. Nicolai swore there was nothing else between them and that it had all happened a long time ago.

I was the only one he had eyes for and the only one he felt so strongly for. I had swooned and kissed him just to reassure him that I understood and believed his words.

We finally reached the cottage and dropped off the little we had brought for our movie night. Nicolai chose the movie as I poured the snacks into bowls. I later joined him in the living room where the movie was about starting. We munched on our snacks as we watched the movie and not even halfway through the movie Nicolai fell asleep.

Seeing no point in watching it without him, I turned the tv off and stood up to clear the bowls and snacks.

I walked out of the cottage to get some fresh air and soak in the serene environment. I sat at the entrance of the cottage and let myself feel the serenity of the place when something caught my eye in the woods. Out of curiosity I let my legs carry me away from the cottage and into the woods; not quite caring about the fact that I was out on my own once again.

Suddenly icy fingers grabbed my arm as I inched through the darkness. I had no idea who it could be. I was terrified.

I really shouldn't have left the cabin.

I writhed and struggled in my captors arms but to no avail.

"Quit moving so much!" the person said as we came to a stop a little far away from the cottage. For some reason the voice sounded oddly familiar. I stopped moving and regarded the figured in front of me.

I couldn't make out who this person was and I also couldnt smell him which I found very odd.

"I have a message to be delivered to your mate. Tell him that dont forget what I said all those years ago, mi hijo." Tell him this and he would know what I mean and who I am. And with that I was struck against the face.

I hadn't seen it coming. I raised my hand to my face and waited for the ringing in my ears to subside. I finally looked up to see that the figure had disappeared.

I was all alone in the woods.

******************************

I would like to use this opportunity to thank all those who have been reading, voting and commenting on my book. Y'all are just the best.

I know this chapter is more of a filler chapter but I hope you all enjoyed it either ways. Please show your support and love by voting, commenting and sharing the book.

I wish you all a pleasant week.

~Sharon.