Chapter Thirty-Four: Matrimony

Just a heads up, this chapter would contain some sexual content. If you know you don't feel comfortable with reading sexual scenes you have the option to just skip.

I would put an indication where the sexual content would start so that those uncomfortable can skip and continue reading.

Thanks so much for reading. Enjoy the chapter.

**************
"The most beautiful sound in the world to me is not forest birdsong or babbling brooks or even the ringing of church bells. Its hearing you whisper I love you, over and over again."

-Michael Faudet
***************************

Alex's POV

I seriously cannot believe I had gone through with this. And to think that I had had an audience was just something I would have never expected. But what even surprised me the more was the fact that Nicolai hadn't said anything to contradict what I did. I think that has got to be the greatest act of love hes ever shown me- standing my me when I banished his father from his pack.

What was better than your mate supporting you in front of his family, against a family member- his biological father at that.

I went back to the pack house after I ensured that Kano had indeed left the pack territory. I slumped in an armchair and closed my eyes. It was as if I had used all the strength in me to go off on Kano and now I needed a minute to take a breath.

"Dria" I felt the presence of my mate in front of me.

"Nich" I responded even before opening my eyes to look at my mate.

"Are you okay? I didn't go too far did I?"

"No, no, Don't think you went far. I'm a bit surprised you did that but I must say it was kind of hot seeing you go off on my father for my sake." I giggled just picturing the scene in my minds eyes.

"I was just so angry I had to do something. There was no way I would have been able to stay here knowing that my mate's abuser was sharing the same roof with us. I just couldn't let it go."

"Babe, it's fine. I have not had anyone stand up for me in a very long time and what you just did was a very bold and brave thing to do. I love you so much Dria." Tears glistened in Nicolais eyes as he yet again professed his love for me.

"I love you to Nicolai. Very much." I slid off the chair so I was squatting in front of him, leaving little to no space between us.

Slowly we closed the space between us. The kiss expressed all the unspoken words between us. It was a passionate kiss that expressed Nicolais gratitude to me and ultimately our love for each other. We pulled away and touched our foreheads together while catching our breaths.

"Marry me"

"What did you say? Did I just hear what I think I heard?" to say I was caught by surprise would be nothing but the truth.

"Yes. I love you Dria and there's no one in this world I'd rather spend the rest of my life with than you. Do me the honours of marrying me and making me the happiest and most fulfilled guy?"

"Yes. Yes, I will marry you Nicolai." I said and threw myself in his arms. I was very happy. We spilt when we heard the others clapping and cheering for us. I hadn't even realized they were there with us. I guess I had been deep in the feels to notice.

******

I cannot believe this! I am finally and officially the wife and Luna of Nicolai Sharpe, alpha of Bloodhound Pack.