Chapter Twenty: The Storm

"Not all storms come to disrupt your life; some come to clear your path."

-Unknown

***********************************

Alex's POV

It's time. - the time we had all been eagerly and anxiously waiting for.... 

The attack had begun!

Trevor, the Alpha of my previous pack, was attacking us. He started with the East Gates so that's where we're headed.

In the background, the sound of the warning siren was fading away. This was to announce the attackers had arrived on our turf.

By now all the kids, mothers and non-fighters were in the safe house. Aiden was there with them too, as well as the very old men since they couldn't fight.

We finally met Trevor. He wasn't alone.

Kinda obvious he wouldn't be alone don't you think so?

He wasn't looking as fit as this the last time I saw him. I didn't miss him. In fact, I felt no ounce of friendliness towards him, or any positive emotions for that matter.

"Alpha Nicholai Sharpe... Lovely for you to join our little party here. How's it going?"

Was he serious? I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Just cut to the chase Trevor! You're trespassing on my land and I do not take it kindly at all."

"I would have cared if it bothered me but as you can see it doesn't" Trevor was either foolish enough to be getting Nicolai riled up on purpose or he was being smart and getting Nicolai angry so his anger would cloud his assessment of the situation.

"You are one annoying person Trevor. And I promise you you'd get what you came here for." The strain in Nicolai's voice was indication enough of how he was feeling. The veins in his neck were bulging and he was shifting on his feet.

His wolf wanted out.

Before I could process my next thoughts, chaos broke out. Trevor charged at Nicolai in his wolf form; shifting midair before reaching Nicolai.

Nicolai hadn't fully shifted into his wolf when Trevor jumped at him, so Nicolai received a mighty blow.

They both came barreling unto the ground. Trevor wasted no time. He continuously hit Nicolai, scratching him with his paws too.

After some time of hitting Nicolai, Trevor stopped to catch his breath. Seeing this as an opportunity Nicolai grabbed it and hit Trevor.

If I had been at the receiving end of that hit, I wouldn't be as I was.

The force in the hit was nothing like I've seen.

It was, scratch that, it is nice watching Nicolai fight. He was precise with his hits and did damage whenever he hit Trevor.

It was nice seeing Nicolai fight for his people, the people he loved. And at that time, I wondered if he'd ever fight for me if it ever came down to it.

Would he ever love me? Or at least be civil enough with me?

I wanted to feel the love of my mate. Was that too much to ask for? I don't even know what I'm saying right now. This whole full moon thing is messing with my head.

And your heart?

I chose to ignore my wolf's question, though I already knew the answer.