Chapter Two:Thanks A Lot Moon Goddess?

"There's a story behind every person. There's a reason why they are the way they are. Think about that before you judge anyone."

*******************

Alex's POV

Mate! Mate! Mate! My wolf kept chanting.

I was paralyzed on the spot! For what seemed like forever we held each others gaze, the world around us insignificant as we basked in the presence of each other. It was so surreal. I watched as different emotions passed through Alpha Nicolai's eyes and I was sure it was same for me too.

Shock, amusement, skepticism, desire, fear and nonchalance. I must say it was amusing seeing the flurry of emotions pass through his eyes.

Thanks a lot Moon Goddess for giving me such a wonderful, kind mate.

"It wasn't too bad looking at me was it?" Alpha Nicolai's voice succeeded in bringing me to the now. I should probably go for nonchalance like he was. I am sure he didn't want a mate beside him. And after all, he was attacking my pack. I shouldn't even be thinking about him taking me with him as his mate and future Luna.

I shook my head to clear my wayward thoughts.

I could stare at your body all day. My wolf sighed dreamily.

I chose to remain silent because frankly speaking, I was still in shock and I had absolutely nothing to say to this specimen of a man.

When I stole a glance at him, he seemed to be mind-linking someone and when the other guy nodded, I figured out that he was the 'someone' Alpha Nicolai was mind linking. He walked away and like a movie, the warriors of Bloodhound Pack started retreating.

What was happening?

Can't you see ? He is calling off the attack because of you, dumbass! My wolf more than happily volunteered that information. Was it possible that Alpha Nicolai was really calling the attack off because of me?

"You should probably get going" Alpha Nicolai nodded and turned his back to me. My heart sank.

"We are mates!" I blurted out. He paused in his stride and turned to look at me one more time before moving further into the woods. Letting out a sigh, I made my way back to the pack hospital where I knew my mum would be, given she is the pack doctor.

I pushed open the door and even though some of them were almost healed, I could still smell the blood and even feel its metallic taste in my mouth. I went to my mum's office where I changed into my uniform because I was currently under training to succeed my mum as pack doctor.

Fortunately, or unfortunately for me, my mum was there. Before a word could escape from my mouth, I felt a sharp sting on my cheek before I was crushed into a bone crushing hug.

"Don't you dare think of pulling a stunt like that ever again" she released me and checked me for bruises.

"I'm fine so you..."I trailed off when my mum sniffed me. Gross as it may sound to you, it was pretty much what kind of helped us since we are werewolves.

"Where were you Alexandria Marie Tate? I can smell a different scent on you." OH no! I am not yet ready to tell my mum what happened. Just then, someone barged into the office.

"We need you in room 22 ASAP, doc" This is exactly what I call saved by the bell. Mum rushed out but not before mind linking me that we will continue this conversation.

Good riddance!

We finally found our mate, Alex! My wolf exclaimed. I ignored her.