Chapter Nine:Ones Family Or Ones Heartless Mate?

"We are free to choose our paths, but we cant choose the consequences that come with them."

-Sean Covey

*******************

Alex's POV

I have a plan which I wasn't too sure whether or not it would work but it was worth trying. I was going to run away.

Yes!

I don't know how far I will be able to go but I will run. My wolf was back with me so I could shift and run. Where was going? My pack or my previous pack.

I had to get rid of Travis and Aiden somehow. They followed me everywhere and doing away with them wouldn't be in the least bit easy.

The sun was already setting and any moment from now Nicolai would be home. Travis and Aiden always left as soon as Nicolai got home. I checked to see whether I had everything ready.

And if you are a bit curious, Nicolai and I haven't spoken since the day he sacked me from his room. In fact, I have not seen him since that day. He hardly came home (if I could call here home)

Sigh!

He came late and left before the sun rose. He hasn't approached me and I haven't approached him and I doubt either of us will take the first initiative.

Clothes which consists of black tank top, jeans shorts and black boots....

Check!

I was currently in my room waiting for the all clear. The sun was fully down. There were no stars in the pitch-black sky and there was no full moon. I walked out of my room and looked down the hallway to see if the coast was clear. Seeing that the coast was clear I made my way down the stairs into the living room and surprisingly, the place was empty.

Not thinking much about it I left and made a dash for the woods. When I was in the forest, I removed my clothes and shifted. Then carried the clothes in my muzzle, run and run till I saw the familiar demarcations showing that if I crossed, I would be in Midnight Moon territory. I changed into my clothes behind a nearby bush and walked slowly into my previous pack.

The night guards were on duty and when they recognized me, they tensed. I was aware they were not expecting me so maybe that was why. I walked the all too familiar route to my parents house. I had the house in my sights when one by one wolves came out from their homes and some from the woods. I was confused. But I still walked.

My parents, sensing the increasing crowds outside their home came out. It was late so I guess Selene and Selena were fast asleep.

My mum hugged and so did my dad. Jake also hugged me. Whispers could be heard all around me. The placed hushed and my wolf told me that the Alpha had arrived with his beta.

I bowed my head in respect to Trevor, my previous Alpha and Damon, his beta.

"Well, well, well, see what the evening wind blew here" Alpha Trevor sneered. I really was confused because Alpha Trevor and I were friends because of the positions my parents held in the pack. We were even on first name basis depending on where we were. Everyone was watching this encounter.

"What do you want here?" Alpha Trevor asked using his alpha tone on me.

That's a first!

"Can't I come and visit my family and friends? They are members of this pack, remember?" Alpha Trevor's eyes changed into his wolf form but he managed to control it.

"No! You can't, considering your mate is that cold heartless Alpha Nicolai. You ceased being a member of this pack when you moved in with that beast!"

"You don't even know him! And if you were smart you would also know that we don't choose who our mates are!"

"I can see his arrogance is wearing off you, now."

"You can't prevent me from seeing my family!"

"Actually...I can. This is my pack and you need my authorization to be allowed entry. So how about we let your family choose where they want to be" Alpha Trevor turned to look at my parents who looked remorseful and I could already tell what their verdict would be.

"Will you guys follow your daughter to her heartless beast of a mate or will you stay here?"

"Here" my dad murmured under his breath but I still heard him. I felt deflated. My parents don't support me.

"Well then. That settles your problem. Now leave" Trevor (I won't use his title because he has lost the respect I had for him) motioned for the warriors to drag me out and Jake stepped in front of me. Tried as I tried to remain composed and not show weakness in front of these people, I couldnt help but let the tears flow because I realized that I had just lost my family.

Ever felt that your heart was being ripped out of your body because of all the pain you were going through? Or that no one had your back even though they said they were your friends? Or even had your own family give up on you? Well that was exactly how I felt. My heart was being ripped to shreds.

I walked with Jake into the forest where he assured me that he would stay in touch with me. At this point the only family I had in Midnight Moon Pack was Jake, Selene and Selena.

I didn't know where I was going. I just shifted and ran. Not caring that I had torn my clothes in the process. I ran till I crossed over to Nicolai's territory but still kept on running. I wasn't going to the pack house because the reason why I had lost the most important people in my life would be right there! I ran till I came to a stream that had a little cottage beside it. I drank from the stream and lay down on the ground in wolf form.

I had lost my family! I had lost my family just because I chose to say with a mate who didnt even acknowledge me as his mate! Come to think of it, I hadnt really had a choice. I had just woken up in Dr. Kents hospital after my abduction and was told that I wouldn't be going back to my pack.

Was this the prize I had to pay for choosing to stay with Nicolai? Was this the prize I had to pay for leaving the tunnels that night?

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Question Of The Chapter
Who would you choose if you are in a compromising situation?Your parents or your boyfriend or husband?

Share your thoughts and suggestions by commenting.