Chapter Twenty-Seven: Adventure

"If you never go, youll never know."

-Anonymous

****************************

Alex's POV

I had the most amazing dream last night!

In my dream, Nicolai had come to see me in my room last night and had talked to me and asked for a real fresh start. He even gave me a flower to symbolize our new beginning. And then I asked him to stay over and guess what?

He agreed! Nicolai agreed to spend the night with me.

Like it was such a huge deal for me because prior to that night, Nicolai had never given me a flower or even spent the night with me. We barely even spoke; like actually spoke.

As I said, I had the most amazing dream.

I felt the urge to use the bathroom; this finally brought my senses back to reality and though I was awake it was now that I allowed myself to truly be present in well, the present.

As I tried to get up from my bed I felt a restraint against me. There was a weight on or was it around my waist that was preventing me from getting up.

It was then that I fully opened my eyes and turned to see what was holding me to the bed.

Actually, it was rather a who that was holding me to the bed.

Nicolai.

Nicolai was laying in my bed. His arm draped around my waist. And he was shirtless too. I wriggled a bit so I had a little room and then took a minute to admire his features as he still slept.

That's not creepy is it?

He looked peaceful and content in his sleep. Granted, he had a few worry lines but that wasn't anything that couldnt be rectified.

I didn't resist the edge to reach out my hand and outline his facial features with my fingers. I first trace the outline of Nicolais face, then traced his eyebrows. Then I moved to his cheek and caressed it while staring intently at his face.

It was as if I wanted to etch his face in my memory, locked away deep within that should something come up that prevents me from seeing my mate, then I would have his face etched in my memory. I continued caressing Nicolai's cheek as I leaned closer to his face.

I knew what I was going to do but what I didn't know was whether or not it was the best thing to do. And whether or not the recipient would take it in good faith. What was it they said again?

Life is full of risks.

I leaned in all the way till my breath was fanning my mates face. My lips almost reached their destination when Nicolai opened his eyes. I gasped as his grip on me tightened just a little bit

"Don't tell me you're into necrophilia?" Nicolai mused and adjusted his body so that he was holding me. I was gob smacked.

"Of course not!" I answered and lightly smacked his shoulder. I couldnt believe he caught me.

"So what then were you going to do?" he sneered. I could tell from our emotional link that he was pretty entertained and enjoying himself at my expense. I just wished he would just drop it already.

"I-I was-"

"Cat got your tongue now Dria?" I could hear the laughter in his voice. This guy was laughing at me!

"Nico-"

"Nich, I like it when you call me Nich." Nicolai interjected

"I'm not into necrophilia, Nich." I said and attempted to get out of his embrace because I still needed to use the bathroom but Mr. Alpha here wasnt having that.