Chapter Eight:Training With The Alpha

"Getting fit is all about mind over matter. I dont mind, so it doesnt matter."

-Adam Hargreaves

***************

Alex's POV

It hurt!

My whole body ached.

Every part of my body was aching. I knew very well what I was plunging myself into when I asked Nicolai to train me. I knew that it would somehow end up with me getting hurt and broken.

I guess some part of me just wanted to spend some time with him. Maybe then he would open up to me or even see me as an acquaintance before he could see me as a friend, talk more of seeing me as his mate and future Luna of his pack.

But what he did proved to me that it would take a very long time for Nicolai Sharpe to accept me and I don't know if I will be around for when that time comes. I nursed my injuries myself because I didnt want to give Nicolai the joy and pleasure of seeing me hurt and think of me as a weakling, someone incapable of fighting.

It was actually all my fault. I shouldn't have angered him.

After I asked him to train me, he asked whether I knew what I was getting myself into and I had asked him to show me. I thought he would at least dismiss the warriors but he didn't. They continued with their fighting as Nicolai and I took our stance.

He showed me the basics like not tucking your thumb in your fist and how wide apart your feet should be so that you don't fall when you swing a punch. I nodded my understanding and we started fighting. Actually I started fighting. He just stood there. Not doing anything.

He wouldn't engage, he let me do all the work. Basically, he just stood there like a punching bag, but with all the other human features. I could feel myself getting frustrated because I actually wanted to learn how to fight- not just how to swing a punch and maneuver my way around a punch.

I blew up when it became obvious that Nicolai was not going to fight me any time soon.

"Fight me Alpha!" I had said angrily specifically calling him Alpha. I was aware of how he hated it when I called him Alpha.

"I will not fight a weak and fragile thing such as yourself" The training ground fell silent. Not a single movement or sound was made. Every pair of eyes was fixed on us and I couldn't care less.

"You think I am weak and fragile? Well let me tell you something. You are the one who is fragile! You may come off as a heartless, cold, wolf but you..." I jabbed my finger in his chest and I continued.

"...Alpha Nicolai Sharpe are one pathetically hypocritical person who keeps everything bottled up" I saw anger flash in his eyes. Complete fury. His otherwise grey eyes morphed into a complete black.

"You might think you are fooling everyone by acting all closed off and cold but you do not fool me. You are fragile, pathetic and a hypocrite. Want to know how I know that? Because I am not blind. So when next you think of calling me weak and fragile, think first about how hypocritical you're being, Alpha Nicolai Sharpe."

If I thought the training ground was silent before then this time round the place was as quiet as a cemetery. You know how a cemetery is not just silent but the silence seems to have weight and density? Well that is the kind of silence that washed over the training grounds.

What happened next surprised me and it seemed like I wasn't the only one who was caught by surprise. Nicolai shoved me away from him. I fell to the ground with a loud thud and I knew I was going to bruise. I heard surprised gasps all round. Nicolais wolf was already out and in control. He shifted and run without glancing back.