Chapter Twenty-Four: La Luna Llena II (The Full Moon II)

"She used to tell me that a full moon was when mysterious things happen and wishes come true."

-Shannon A. Thompson

**********************

Nicolai's POV

Two days later...

Two days! It's been two days and Alex wasnt back yet. Two days of not seeing her. Two days of not hearing from her even if it would have probably been just an insult or an objection to something I had said.

I missed her. After getting back and telling Aiden and Kaithlyn (my step mum) that Alex was gone theyd said maybe she went away for some fresh air after the fight since it was her first fight.

Fresh air my ass! It has already been two long days since she was last seen.

Two long days of agony and torture. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat and I couldn't do anything right without messing up to the extent that Demetri and Travis have practically banned me from resuming my work as an alpha till we found Alex or till she returned.

There was no lead, nothing at all that shows that she was in any type of danger or was hurt. Though that gave me a sense of relief at the initial stages, it didn't anything to quell my worry. She was still at a risk of danger because I'm her mate.

I was currently on my way to the centre of the pack because we were going to hold a small ceremony for the warriors that had fallen during the battle. The ceremony was short and after I went to my study to update the warrior list of the pack. The warrior list is basically a list of all the male fighters in my pack. It showed who was still an active fighter and who had either been killed or had resigned. I did the update of the fighter list myself and it was after all the existing fighters had come to report to me two days after any battle.

One by one the surviving fighters came to report to me and I updated the warrior database. Those who had passed had already had their statuses changed to deceased and at the end of the day there was only one fighter that hadn't come to report to me. I was confused and a little bit worried too because it was unusual.

I called Demetri to let him know and ask someone to fetch the fighter for me. Seeing that I had nothing more to do I just retired to bed. Let me tell you, I didnt have a peaceful sleep.

The days blurred by. I say blurred because I couldn't tell which day it was. I could tell I was a shadow of myself. I was going out of my mind just thinking about Alex and whether or not she was safe. No one bothered to come close to me because I was in a very irritable mood. What even made it worse was that it was nearing the full moon and I wanted to be able to make it to my mate before any unmated wolf made it to her.

Though it would break me and haunt me for the rest of my life, I would still take Alex even if she's  been marked by someone other than me. That would be after I had killed the bastard of course.

I easily lashed out and so nobody really found it enjoyable hanging around me. What also annoyed me was the fact that this last fighter hadn't still reported to me after the battle.

I went downstairs to get myself a glass of orange juice after being holed up in my room thinking about my mate. Jake was there with Travis and I greeted them before making way to the fridge. I took the jug of juice and poured myself a glass. The welcomed taste of the orange juice made me feel a bit better and brought some take into my mouth but it did nothing to erase the pain and loss I felt as a result of Alex's disappearance.

"Nicolai, no one has still heard of or from Arthur." Demetri said after he took a seat near Jake and Travis. I frowned.

"How is it possible that hes been missing since after the battle? You don't think he was with Trevor during the fight, do you?" I asked Demetri and he just shrugged.