It's pitiful

Please leave comments behind x

Louis got himself a job.

He worked in the cafe a few blocks away from his school. Sure his school people came in, but he wasn't embarrassed -he usually chatted up while their orders were getting ready.

One day the whole football team came in. They're girlfriends tagging along with them. Louis took their orders, cracking jokes here and there, having fun all together.

While Louis was waiting for their orders to get ready Tyson came up to him.

He didn't mind, Tyson was one of his best mates. He knew why Louis had this job, helped Louis whenever Louis needed it.

"Hey." He said, smiling at Louis.

"Hi." Louis said, smiling back.

"This ain't bad and all ,right?" He asked, Louis.

"Nah, it's good. I mean it's better than nothing. Have my own clothes now." Louis said shrugging, looking over at the table where his mates sat.

"What's up with Yama? He fancies Leo's girl or what?" Louis asked, looking how he gave her the heart eyes. But then he stopped as soon as Leo kissed her. Poor lad.

"Yeah, it's pitiful really. Liking someone who doesn't like you back. It's a sad state you know? You give them so much of your time and they don't give a fuck in the end." Tyson said, looking back at them.

Louis gulped.

"It's not that though. You really can't help it. If you fancy someone you just do, you can't stop yourself how much ever you want to. Even though they don't give a fuck. Yes, you give too much but you do it out of hope. Hope that one day they'll notice. That's all you can do." Louis said, an image of green eyes taking over his head.

Tyson looked at his friend like he was crazy.

"Sometimes hope is the reason for your heartbreak , you know?" Tyson said.

But Louis didn't hear that, too lost in a world of green eyes and brown curls.

•••