Leaving

OKAY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN LIKE YEARS AND I HAVE ZERO EXCUSES I WAS JUST LAZY. IM SORRY. ANY WHO. I HOPE IM FORGIVEN AND YES ONE MORE THING THIS IS THE SECOND LAST CHAPTER DON'T HIT ME BYE.

••••••

Graduation came before Harry knew it. Things were pretty much the same.

Except Louis and Niall weren't dating anymore. They never were serious, Harry found out the hard way. It went something like this:

It was just a normal day, except Harry had an algebra test and he hadn't done anything. His nights (and days) at home usually went thinking about Louis and how better it would be if Louis was holding Harry and smiling down at him with his eyes crinkling. So studying at home was not an option. In school Louis was there physically, next to him, how was he supposed to think straight?

Anyway, one day Harry was walking down the hallway, towards his locker, minding his own business with his head shoved into his algebra book, when he reached his locker and shoved the books he needed in his bag and turned around and he saw Niall snogging a girl. Yes he was happy but at the same time he was pissed because  he didn't want Louis to be upset.

That went on for a couple of days until Harry lost it. He went over to Niall and pulled him back and slammed him into the locker.

"What the fuck, Harry?"

"You are dating Louis,aren't you? Then why the fuck are you snogging that..girl?" Harry said, through gritted teeth.

Niall laughed in his face, "Louis knows mate. We never were a serious thing."

"Oh."

And just like that it was Harry who had his head rested on Louis' shoulder as he read and it was him that had his head in Louis' lap when they were in a park and it was Harry's hair through which Louis' delicate fingers combed and yeah Harry was happy.

But for some reason he didn't have the guts to tell Louis how he felt. He was so sure Louis didn't feel the same way anymore.

And not being Louis' boyfriend was getting to Harry. For example when they went to some club, and a guy went over and kissed Louis and they both sucked their faces off Harry couldn't do anything but ball his fists up and clench his teeth and drink till his vision became blurry and he couldn't see Louis or the other guy anymore.

So when all of them were sitting in a restaurant sipping on posh wine and having the most expensive dish there after their graduation ceremony and Louis announced that he was leaving for France at four am the next day and was accepted to a college there Harry's breathing stopped and yes he did choke on his wine.

"You're what?!" Zayn said, looking at Harry as Niall patted his back.

"I'm leaving for France." Louis said, shrugging.

"But why?! It isn't like there aren't colleges here!"

Louis shrugged again, "just wanted to get away from this place." Louis said, his eyes lingering on Harry for a little longer.

Zayn got what he was talking about and sighed," I want to punch you so bad but okay. I'll come leave you or whatever."

After  lunch Louis asked Harry to joking him for a walk to the park and then they'd be back. Harry said yes without hesitation.

They walked side by side, their hands brushing against each other's.

After a while Harry spoke, "France huh?" Sadness in his voice.

Louis laughed, "yeah, got a thing for French accent you know?"

"Haha." Harry said, clearly not finding it funny.

"I'll visit okay? And once college is over I promise to set up a business here or something okay?"

"Okay." Harry said sighing.

"C'mere." Louis said, opening his arms.

Harry hugged him tightly.

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you more."

\\

Louis dropped Harry home and Harry watched Louis' car until it completely disappeared.

He went to his room straight and lay on his bed, looking up at the ceiling. Tears started to pour down his cheeks, and Harry curled up into himself.

His phone buzzed.

Tears poured down more as he read it was Louis asking whether he'd come to drop him off to the airport.

He didn't want Louis to leave. He couldn't see him leaving. So he decided against going to drop him off to the airport and said a no and switched his phone off.
•••

:) I hate me too.