Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Kuraidesu.

What have I done? I have hurt Kanna..

Why didn't I think.. I didn't think.. But nothing turns out the way it seems. What I mean by that is, that one Kanna didn't try to come back. We came to get her back. I guess Kanna wanted me to know her story. I wish I knew how she felt sooner. Then maybe I could have helped her. Maybe I could have been an example and could have taught her that the way she went, the road she took wasn't the right choice. She could have tried training harder. Even though she isn't one for being with people all the time. I had a feeling she was feeling depressed because of well.... Koren.

Koren thought she turned into an awful person. And Koren wanted nothing to do with her and her blood lust. Its quite sad, having the feeling of pity for someone else. Why does it matter? I don't even know. I just feel pity.

'Stop feeling pity for me Shanna. It's disgusting.' I quickly snapped my head towards the door. She was reading my thoughts!

'Kanna! I'm sorry!' No reply.

'Kanna?' No reply.

Shanna flopped into bed and fell asleep, even though it was morning. She wanted nothing to do with it. She didn't want to live out today.

Shanna woke up the next day with all her muscles were cramped. Shanna got out of bed to see Kanna in the doorway to let some palace guards in and next to much of Shanna's surprise the king was there.

The king and the soon to become princesses talked for a while about the duties of the kingdom.

"You have to protect the kingdom and its people, with all of your hearts," The king started.

"Yes, your highness," both Kanna and Shanna said in collision.

"I need you both to come by the palace in 3 days. I don't have much longer to live as king."

"Yes, your majesty."

The king left. As the king left Kanna and Shanna left without one glance at each other.

It clicked in Shanna's mind that she stole a diary from Kanna.

Shanna quickly walked to her room and locked the door. She went under her bed and grabbed the book and started reading.

Entry 1.

My battle training has just begun. I'm thinking of my family right now. Well of course Shanna and Koren and Loxtren.

I wonder how they feel about me leaving?

How do I feel? I only want to protect them. But I want to come across as an enemy. I'm sorry Shanna.

Why did I betray her like this? I regret this so much. But like I have said I don't feel regret. Ever.

Will Shanna forgive me? Probably not. She is most likely A-okay with everyone at home. I have nothing. Dammit. Don't feel pity! Shanna, Koren, Loxtren! Please! Don't pity me! Don't feel pity for me!

How will I stay sane?

Entry 2.

I. Want. To. Die.

Entry 3.

Mom, Dad. Please..

Shanna?

I'm losing it.

Help me..

Shanna closed the book before she could read anymore.

Shanna had tears going down her face. Why didn't she save her?