Chapter 18

Kuraidesu

Chapter 18

The next day was as normal, ordinary. The girls went to school for the first time. They didn't like school but they didn't particularly hate school.

-----------------------------------------------At The School------------------

"Come in," the teacher said.

The two new students walked in with a bored look on their faces.

The class room looked on with amazement as they looked at the girl's hair and the clothes and their full on appearance.

They were an odd bunch.

"Holy crap man," one of the boys in the back of the classroom whispered. "They are sexy...." Continued the boy to his best friend.

Kanna shot a death glare immediately.

"Can she hear us?" One of the boys asked.

"I think she can. Why else would she be staring us down?" The boy next to him replied.

The teacher cleared his throat.

"This is Kanna Hoshigaki and Shanna Kurensai," the teacher said.

"Hmmm, Shanna and Kanna, you guys can go sit next to Zack," said the teacher.

"Shanna, those boys were whispering about us," Kanna said with a very big smirk as she told Shanna what they were saying.

"Ha that is funny!" Shanna said as she went up to the seat next to Zack with Kanna following behind.

Kanna sat next to Zack and Shanna sat next to another boy named Brady. (A/N The boy Brady is the best friend Zack was whispering to.)

Kanna could see from the corner of her eyes Zack and Brady looking at her and Shanna.

It was lunch time. Shanna and Kanna got up and entered the cafeteria.

"Wow this is a big eating area humans have," Shanna said amazed at the large slum bucket called the cafeteria.

'You get amused so easily Shanna..' Kanna thought to herself.

The day ended and the two mages went home.

They were dropped off by the bus. The bus driver always gave the two girls nasty look when they got off.

"I'm absolutely sure that, that old hag hates us," Kanna says in a whisper to Shanna.

They walked the distance from the bus to their house.

"Kanna, we need groceries. I'll be back later on," Says Shanna as she walks out the door.

Kanna goes into her bedroom and decides to take a nap.

What Kanna didn't know was a silhouette was there watching.

(A/N Bree: OOOOOH SOMEONE GOT A SECRET PERVERT ON THEIR SIDE!

Hira: Yea my mum..CARRY ON WITH THE STORY YOU

BUTT!)

Kanna could sense the presence and she ignored it, but in the end she regretted it.  

Kanna woke up in a cold, damp place.

'Who are you?' 'Where am I?' 'What do you want?' 'I don't want this.' 'Let me die.' 'Take me back.' 'Save me.' 'It's so suffocating in here.' 'I'm so alone.' 'I'm like a trapped animal.' 'This isn't something you can pretend is okay.'

"Now that's not the way to think," the voice whispered.

"Why not?" I asked.

"If you think it maybe one day you may be correct," the voice whispered sitting on the sofa, with their drink in their hands.

"What if it is correct?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, whether I can reply to that or not. That's something only you can answer," the voice said back with a look of concern in her white eyes.

"Don't tell me your feeling sympathy for me, now," I said, grimacing.

"Ha, you would need to be in a asylum if you think I would ever pity you or any other living creature," the voice said with a laugh.

"Ah Kanna, are you awake?"

'The man is here,' the voice whispered.

'It's not like I can hide here,' I replied.

'Well you tried," the voice said shooing me off.

'See you later, Kanna."

"Goodbye."

I awoke slowly to see a man hovering over me. I tried to speak but my mouth was covered.

The man chuckled into Kanna's ear as he hovered over her emotionless, covered face.

Kanna tried to speak, but yet again she found herself unable to speak.

"You must be confused, Kanna," the mysterious man said just above a whisper.

The man uncovered Kanna's mouth and she began to speak.

"Who are you?"

"Ah, you must be wondering that..."

"My name is..."

"Lokai."