1: Paranoia

DISCLAIMER: I know there are new readers coming into this story. I just want to let you know, I started this story as a freshman in high school (2014). There are countless mistakes and plot holes. Read at your own risk ⚠️ anyways that's all! Happy Reading if you're staying!

"Please, please let me go. I beg of you!" I pleaded with the unknown voice.

"Now you know I can't do that." The voice said, it's robotic sound angered me.

"W-why?" Tears wouldn't stop sliding down my face.

"Because you're the key to my happiness." It's voice was deeper but still the same. What ever kind of machinery this person was using it sucked.

"B-but I didn't do anything!" C'mon don't start stuttering now! Stand a strong front!

"Not that you know of." That was the last thing it said before it left me alone again. In this dark godforsaken room, filled with rats and roaches. It didn't care if I died, I don't think it had any feelings.

It was a sociopath.

-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

"I swear I'll be safe, Dad! Now can I just please go?!" I laughed as my dad refused to let go of me.

"No, my little girl is off to her first high school party!" He fake sobbed onto my shoulder.

"One that she still can't believe you let her go to." I mumbled under my breath but seeing as my dad was so close, he heard.

He finally let go of me.

"You're going with, Ron, correct. That's the only reason I agreed." My father now had a stern face and I just wanted to laugh at his paranoia.

"Yes, Dad! Ron will be accompanying me tonight just like you ordered." I said fully intending to sound a bit annoyed.

"Asked." He input.

"More like blackmailed." I laughed and my dad joined me.

"You can't trust this world, Princess. There's monsters everywhere you turn." I rolled my eyes but nodded at my dad because I did watch the news and I knew bad people existed...but I didn't believe in monsters.

At least not at the time.

I signed in relief once I heard the doorbell ring. "There's my date!" I jokingly said to see my father's reaction.

Just as expected, he frowned.

"Hey, nobody said anything about dates! Just a friendly meet up." I nodded my head while suppressing a laugh.

Once we reached the door I opened it to see Ron standing there looking dashing as ever with his million dollar smile on his face.

"I trust you to take good care of her, Ronald." My father stated from behind me.

"Of course, sir, I wouldn't allow anything to happen to her." Ron held a serious expression seeing as he knew all about how paranoid my dad was, he even took boxing classes in order to help lessen my father's paranoia.

"Her curfew is at ten." I internally groaned.

"Of course, sir, not to worry I'll have her back by nine fifty-nine." Ron smirked and took my hand as we walked off my porch.

I heard my father lightly chuckle before closing the front door and although most parents would be gone by then I knew he would still be watching me, this time from the living room window.

"C'mon you ready to have fun!" Ron whispered near my ear but not too near or else my father might suspect something.

I looked at him a bit unsure.

"Yeah, I guess so." I managed a small smile even though I was so terribly nervous of how this night would plan out to be.

Who would of known that my father's paranoia wasn't all in his head...

-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;