22: Trust

"Night." He said before leaving the room.

I think he realized it too.

Things were changing between us, he wasn't acting the same way because he found out that I did nothing wrong...but he's acting as if he isn't bothered by my company.

To think that over three months ago I was scared of this man and now I was laughing and thanking him. What the actual hell?

I laid down and looked at the ceiling. The paint was chipping. Falling apart. Just like I was. Now I don't feel as horrible as I used to. I do have this horrible pain in my chest when I think of my father. But...I don't hate being alive anymore.

This place is growing on me.

I'm learning to live here until either he kills me or let's me go. With the way things have been going lately I hope it's the latter.

Then for the first time, I fell asleep without having to do my routine.

It was good. It felt good.

"Get up, lazy ass." That was the first thing I heard when I woke up. It wasn't the sound of the rats being too close to my ear.

"What's going on?" I rubbed my eyes. I just slept the most I ever have in this place.

"I'm moving you." My eyes snapped open real quick when he said that.

"What?" My mouth was slightly agape.

"You heard me, now get your ass up." I couldn't move did he really say that?

"What did I say!" He screamed at me and I jumped out of my thoughts. I quickly got up.

"Why?" Why the fûck was I questioning him is a better question.

"Do you prefer to stay here?" I shook my vigorously.

"I just--you trust me?" His head snapped to mine.

"No. I've never trusted a single person in my life. I don't trust you."

"Then how do you know I won't run away?" My head tilted to the side as I watched his reaction.

"I have cameras installed everywhere--"

"So?"

"I know when you try to escape. If you do, I'll kill your father. And trust me I want to."

My eyes instantly became blurry but I didn't shed a single tear. Not in front of him I wouldn't.

"You leave. He dies." And here I thought this guy was human. Instead he is still the monster that he was four months ago.

"Understood." I told him with my head down.

He led me to my new room. I didn't even look around I just sat down on the bed and tried to calm myself down for hours. I didn't want to shed anymore tears.

Crying doesn't solve anything, it just makes me weaker in his eyes.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

I kind of want to rewrite this chapter in his POV. ;) should I ?

P.S.
Thank you guys for 500+ reads!!